Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android issues with the Inspire 1

Reaction score
So I have owned the Inspire for a month or so and started out using my IPhone and iPad with the second controller worked flawlessly. So after my wife demanded her iPad back I used my IPhone and an android tablet for the main controller. 1 flight went real well, second flight the android went AWOL, no picture nothing. (heart rate spike to the moon) The iPhone on the second controller still streaming perfect picture, I then freaked the hell out ran inside grabbed the iPhone booted it up while running down the stairs plugged into the main controller and BAM FULL CONTROL picture and feedback!!! Has this been happening to anyone else other than me and how do you fix it???? Please advice!!!

Does anyone have feedback one Android, I am an Apple fan myself but just happen to have two Android devices already!
I've been using my Samsung S4 phone for my main controller, and a Samsung Tablet SM-T700 on the Camera controller for about 5 months. I put both in Airplane Mode and disable Wifi and bluetooth. Works flawlessly about 95% of the time. The Tablet / Camera remote app occasionally "disconnects". My S4 phone Main control / app keeps going fine. So, my Camera Op unplugs and re-plugs the USB and re-boots the DJI GO app. The actual Camera controller still maintains camera operations even when the app goes.

PLUS- we always use a third monitor: an 8-inch HDMI monitor plugged into either the main or camera remotes. This provides FPV video with on-screen display of telemetry, aircraft battery status, and record counter- even without the DJI GO app. It doesn't have touch-screen- it's just a monitor- however it's a great backup in case of app failure, and provides a perfect client monitor.

In fact- you can completely unplug your phone / tablet devices (totally disabling the GO app) and still have control on both units as well as real-time FPV video on the HDMI monitor. A great fail-safe option.

(and another note: not all micro USB cables are the same. Some are optimized only as charger cables, not for high-speed date. So you might try swapping cables)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide