Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Announcement, March 1st.........

This looks quite promising, better battery times and automated tracking. Would be better if the obstacle avoidance was 360 degrees though, I can see a lot of people doing an arc around a subject and the drone smashing into an obstacle on its side.

Ok great a phantom4 with some pretty cool tech - but where is our X5RAW & our X5 Osmo Adapter & our Inspire 2?

I do however like the 28mins flight time & the redundancy features. Hope they can head over to the inspire somehow.

I would definitely pay the extra $400 for the Yuneek Typhoon H. 6 rotors way better than 4. I think that is why DJI lowered the price from the original $1700. The avoidance tech on the typhoon with Intel Realsense looks much more high tech as well. Collapsable too. Only thing is that i am guessing camera is probably better on the Phantom.

This looks quite promising, better battery times and automated tracking. Would be better if the obstacle avoidance was 360 degrees though, I can see a lot of people doing an arc around a subject and the drone smashing into an obstacle on its side.

now that will be the phantom 4.1 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any one know whether the 'Active Track' system from the P4 uses just the camera, or does it need the object avoidance sensors as well? Just wondering, if it only used the camera and the App then could it potentially be compatible with the Inspire?

Any one know whether the 'Active Track' system from the P4 uses just the camera, or does it need the object avoidance sensors as well? Just wondering, if it only used the camera and the App then could it potentially be compatible with the Inspire?

Did you watch the video? :) Then you should already have the answer :)

Chris

Reactions: Mike K.
Did you watch the video? :) Then you should already have the answer :)

Chris

Yes I have watched several of the videos, but no I didn't really get a definitive answer. I know that the avoid is used alongside Active Track, but it doesn't mention whether its using the sensors or the camera as far as I could see. Care to point me to a point in the video?

Yes I have watched several of the videos, but no I didn't really get a definitive answer. I know that the avoid is used alongside Active Track, but it doesn't mention whether its using the sensors or the camera as far as I could see. Care to point me to a point in the video?
It uses the two front cameras to get a stereoscopic (3d) image of the tracking target.
Yes, rudementary tracking can be done with the Inspire (it already has with the likes of Vertical etc) but it will be nowhere near as reliable or accurate as the 3D model which is processed individually within the P4 and has its own dedicated processor. Even then, it fails !!!!

Reactions: dopeytree
It uses the two front cameras to get a stereoscopic (3d) image of the tracking target.
Yes, rudementary tracking can be done with the Inspire (it already has with the likes of Vertical etc) but it will be nowhere near as reliable or accurate as the 3D model which is processed individually within the P4 and has its own dedicated processor. Even then, it fails !!!!

Great thanks for the info. Thought as much.

What they showed was some really cool stuff. Which proves they have a great R&D group coming up with these ideas. Its just too bad their technical implementers aren't as good because it will take them a month of Sundays to get it all working as advertised and only then after 25+ firmware updates. OK, end of rant. But please DJI, finish implementing the Inspire's promised stuff!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla