Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Nice tower, nice flight and even nicer weather - could do with a dose of that sunshine over here.

Not criticising but it scares me somewhat to see you flying over that six lane roadway (US 1?) and I'm curious to know what the FAA rules are in the USA, as it all seems pretty relaxed to me where you can fly. Probably because we're not allowed to fly within 50m of public roads, people or property here in the UK (unless they are under our control) on safety and privacy grounds. I see lots of clips on this forum of flights over cities, towns, etc. which are invariably quite spectacular but I'd love to know if things like that are legitimately permitted over there.

Hope you can enlighten me.

Thanks.

Nice tower, nice flight and even nicer weather - could do with a dose of that sunshine over here.

Not criticising but it scares me somewhat to see you flying over that six lane roadway (US 1?) and I'm curious to know what the FAA rules are in the USA, as it all seems pretty relaxed to me where you can fly. Probably because we're not allowed to fly within 50m of public roads, people or property here in the UK (unless they are under our control) on safety and privacy grounds. I see lots of clips on this forum of flights over cities, towns, etc. which are invariably quite spectacular but I'd love to know if things like that are legitimately permitted over there.

Thanks.

Hello Simon,

“Legitimately permitted” If it’s not a “no fly zone” then I still proceed with caution. Inspect the aircraft, know my flight skills, and check the weather, all the things that may or may not happen, just be prepared… Also with that being said, get permission! I have permission to fly in the Port (Port Canaveral, Florida) although I need to always call in FIRST and notify the Sheriff’s department. Look at my other video here for instructions doing so. So far so good flying around this area, I’ve had no problem! I promote this Arial platform, I don’t crash the party sort’a speak , so… so far so good (that could change)

I’m sure being “Legit” using this Arial platform is..well, it's still open for the FAA rules to iron out, if it will ever be.

Sounds a very pragmatic and sensible approach for responsible drone pilots like yourself. Much more 'rules and regulations' with us but I think the CAA recognise that things will need to adapt as the industry develops.

Impressed with your other video - natural colours, very smooth panning and clear detail although I'm limited to viewing in 1080p HD. Obviously good flying and camera skills but can you please share what settings you recorded that in, (Log, 4k, 30fps, 1/60, etc)? Did you adjust much in post production?

Thanks.

Thanks.
Yeah I was wondering too.But I see that PCF allready answered our question.Great to hear some positive things about this item.Sometimes I see pilots in the far east start up in the middle of a city and fly all over very busy roads and populated area´s.Something that will be for sure to get attention from the law here,(Netherlands)

Sounds a very pragmatic and sensible approach for responsible drone pilots like yourself. Much more 'rules and regulations' with us but I think the CAA recognise that things will need to adapt as the industry develops.

Impressed with your other video - natural colours, very smooth panning and clear detail although I'm limited to viewing in 1080p HD. Obviously good flying and camera skills but can you please share what settings you recorded that in, (Log, 4k, 30fps, 1/60, etc)? Did you adjust much in post production?

Thanks.
Simon,

All shots were 4k in camera. My timeline using Premiere Pro 6.0 was 1080p@30fps. and the shots were adjusted scale wise only with a slight sharpening. The beginning shots were a fault of my own (which looked ok anyway) I forgot to take off the polarized filter and only use the clear. It was low light and I believe the colors would have been much richer and cleaner... oh well. Exported H.264@ 8000kbps. Nothing else done with the video, very impressed with the quality!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44