Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another battery dropout

Reaction score
Just as a follow up from a previous post, I noticed this on the DIJ forum:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-19602-1-1.html

It shows a takeoff with a battery at 94%, then 6:28 into a flight, battery goes from 50% to 7% instantly.

Here's a direct link to the video that shows the flight recorder and video.

Now, this has been happening a lot lately (including to me) and I can't help but think that there is a problem with the TB-48 batteries or the internal software.

With several reports over the past two weeks on this exact issue, why isn't this a bigger issue?

Just as a follow up from a previous post, I noticed this on the DIJ forum:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-19602-1-1.html

It shows a takeoff with a battery at 94%, then 6:28 into a flight, battery goes from 50% to 7% instantly.

Here's a direct link to the video that shows the flight recorder and video.

Now, this has been happening a lot lately (including to me) and I can't help but think that there is a problem with the TB-48 batteries or the internal software.

With several reports over the past two weeks on this exact issue, why isn't this a bigger issue?
Dang man...
I wish i would have read this post last night before I bought a new tb48 from copter shop..
Are they having issues with the tb47's too? ?
ugh.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Ya man. .
This should be a bigger issue ..
Fourtunatly they just auto land when they malfunction. ..
When they start falling out of the sky is when we can expect to be grounded. .
then it will be a huge issue. .:eek:
A game changing issue. ..

Reactions: sirnikolas
Ya man. .
This should be a bigger issue ..
Fourtunatly they just auto land when they malfunction. ..
When they start falling out of the sky is when we can expect to be grounded. .
then it will be a huge issue. .:eek:
A game changing issue. ..

I just ordered 8 (yes eight). So I REALLY hope this isn't an issue

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I have 4 TB-48's and this has already happened to one of them. I had one that was fully charged at takeoff. I then landed with 61%. About 15 min later, I resumed the flight and it went from 52% to 3% in less than 2 min. I did not turn off the rig between flights.

I was lucky and didn't crash the bird, but it came very (very) close to being lost over water.

There have been several reports on this board as well as the DJI board over the past few weeks. I sure hope that the problem is solved quickly.

Dang man...
I wish i would have read this post last night before I bought a new tb48 from copter shop.

I purchased a tb48 from copter shop april 2nd and just bought 2 more tb48 from them 3 weeks ago. I have zero problems with them, (probably because I refuse to do those stupid battery updates which clearly effed them up!

I purchased a tb48 from copter shop april 2nd and just bought 2 more tb48 from them 3 weeks ago. I have zero problems with them, (probably because I refuse to do those stupid battery updates which clearly effed them up!
I think I'm taking your advice and not updating my batteries when they arrive.

I have three TB48. One may of caused a problem with my new inspire. Flew it 9 minutes with 55% left. Then had a battery error and had to land. After I landed, there was smoke from the mainboard area. percentage dropped to 0%. can't say it was the battery or a disconnect. It was all the sudden 0%. So I had to send my inspire off for exchange. I sent the battery back to amazon. I wasn't going to take the chance of using it again. All firmware was up to date.

Amazon would be a good place to buy. you have 30 days. As soon as I put my package in the mail and it registered with UPS, I had a refund. Love amazon.

The guy that had the incident really pushed the bird.
1000 m distance, 250 m height with top speed 60km
Jorge discharged the battery fully a week earlier.
Also the battery was updated.
Keep on updating. DJI might just fix the problem

i have 4 tb48 (5700mhA) and one bricked on me just the other day... i had a gig and was not able to put in on the charger after flight cooldown... next day it would not charge... sent it back via my shop to dji europe... and got another two :D
will do upgrade on all... i think its due to electronics build in/ontop of the battery... one can mess with it but until i have my warranty on it dji is taking care of it.. i will if needed buy extra and get the broken one replaced...
need the flight time :D

spam spam spam spam - who is the admin of this site !!!
I wanna message this person about all this email SPAM I am getting bombarded with !!!

I wanna message this person about all this email SPAM I am getting bombarded with !!!

Did you favorite something? You have an option to unsubscribe, it is that simple.. Operator Error lol[emoji13]

@Carlsberg - would you please desist from posting these pointless posts all over the forum.
I explained to you on Wednesday that if you have a problem with aledged amount of spam you are receiving then contact the site administrator.
I also explained that an easy search will give you access to the names of the staff members on this forum and the user name of the site admin.
To assist you in this regard I will do the work for you and tell you the individual you need to contact is Jacob

Please refrain from further similar posts on the forum

Thank you.

@Carlsberg - would you please desist from posting these pointless posts all over the forum.
I explained to you on Wednesday that if you have a problem with aledged amount of spam you are receiving then contact the site administrator.

Thank you.

Hi,
You did not explain anything to me?
I have a PM box.
I'm not trying to cause trouble, I have a serious issue with 100 flippin e-mails and I know for a fact the Admin, (not moderator) can fix this, (actually Admin caused it).

If you would be so kind as to use the PM feature I wouldn't keep posting, (would you like to see screen shots of tons of e-mails from this site?)

Hi,
You did not explain anything to me?
I have a PM box.
I'm not trying to cause trouble, I have a serious issue with 100 flippin e-mails and I know for a fact the Admin, (not moderator) can fix this, (actually Admin caused it).

If you would be so kind as to use the PM feature I wouldn't keep posting, (would you like to see screen shots of tons of e-mails from this site?)
Please see this thread (post #9) where I explained how to solve the problem by contacting Jacob
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/flying-in-thunderstorms.3608/
PM Jacob and he will sort the problem out for you.

You should get a speedy resolution to this as Jacob is usually fast at sorting issues out. :)

Anyways... back on the topic... I have two out of my two TB48's that did a rapid discharge and then ceased to recharge in the DJI repair shop right now. Really sucks having $400 in batteries become unusable within 5 flights. But on the up side DJI replaced them free of charge and 10 minutes ago I got an email saying that they are ready to ship with tracking numbers. Took about 3 weeks to resolve. Hopefully this is not a bandaid for a broken bone fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop