Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another Bozo

Inspire1 or 2.
Wow, there were people working there. This could have been a terrible disaster. I hope they find the owner and sew him for everything he's got.

It's sickening to see how these morons make good money taking away unknowing customers from us, certified commercial operators, with showreels containing daredevil stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fidel Gonzales
I1, I didn't notice the model on first look, thought you was being sarcastic but definitely an Inspire.
The guy with the blue tennis shoes needs to put some safety boots on.

Reactions: lake_flyer
This guy tried to buzz workers within 10 feet. If he would have just got his footage and kept it moving doubt it would have been a crash.
He tried to double back and buzz the workers at an Agl of over 500. Jack azz

Reactions: 2nd2non
Impressed by the quality and strenght of the camera and/or drone

Looks to me like it went into RTH and the Needle just happened to be in the way. lol I love these videos and love to think about what the guy was thinking when he saw it unfolding.

Reactions: Terry G
Looks to me like it went into RTH and the Needle just happened to be in the way. lol I love these videos and love to think about what the guy was thinking when he saw it unfolding.

I agree, it doesn't look to me like the Pilot had control of his drone, Either he hit the Return To Home, or Loss of Signal triggered return to home...

Reactions: Terry G
Could just have been loss of GPS...at that altitude as soon as GPS is lost it's gonna fly with the (considerable) wind in a heartbeat...inexperienced pilot doesn't realise what is going on and is slow to correct...I wouldn't worry about him "taking away customers" from you - either knowing or unknowing - once they've seen this "advertising"...

Looks to me it was a loss of signal which invoked the return to home & the RTH height was not set correctly. I have done shoots for construction jobs around very large cranes & had the exact same thing happen. Though I had set my RTH to the correct height, when the UAV flew behind the crane tower (which is an open metal structure) I lost signal. Just to see where it passed over the crane I let the Inspire return but I tilted the camera down to vertical & the UAV flew directly over the centre of the crane then I regained control & landed. I have NEVER let my aircraft auto take off or land which is getting harder with my new Mavic Pro as that second or two pause before it touches down is a bit disconcerting at times. So back to the Needle this means he was on the opposite side of the tower looking up with huge eyes & sick inn the stomach. These guys need to learn that there is not only the laws but the is SAFETY which always comes first, learn how your UAV works & set it up correctly & obey the laws. Buts thats just my opinion.

I have NEVER let my aircraft auto take off or land which is getting harder with my new Mavic Pro as that second or two pause before it touches down is a bit disconcerting at times. .

Turn off the Nanny sensors and you should be able to land sensibly by hand.

An Inspire......Says it all really!
I assume this is in response to my comment regarding the individual who flew his Mavic near to a commercial flight in China.
I was actually trying to be helpful to you with your landing practice and the hesitation caused by the Mavic firmware when the sensors are active which can be overridden and a more normal landing behaviour observed.
However if you want to take that attitude so be it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6