Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another firmware update problem :(

Reaction score
Hello. I hate to make my first post a cry for help, but I'm frustrated and grasping. :(

I just got my inspire back from repair and when I hooked it up it said everything needed updating. I managed to update the rc without a problem, but the drone refuses to take an update.

It is clearly talking to the rc but it is not transmitting video, and it reports that the drone, battery and camera all need updating.

The problem come sin when I try and update. instead of the pattern of 4 beeps followed by a triple beep completed signal I get an endless constant pattern of beeps. And when i check the log file it does not show any status updates, it just shows a long series of the update starting that looks like this...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:06 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin

Packet: WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin

Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

I'm at my wits end and horribly frustrated. I had to send it in for repair already, and am not looking forward to sending it back for a firmware issue.

I was planning on talking to support today, since I can not easily take a couple hours off of work during the week to sit on the phone with tech support. But I hadn't realized that their support is only available M-F. :(

Looking through the forum it seems like several people are having problems with the firmware, but I don't see any posted solutions. It seems like it either works or it doesn't.

I'm hoping I missed someones post with a solution, if so please, please point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• WM610_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 11
Delete everything on your SD card and put the WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin file on there and try again..
NOTE It takes maybe 20 minutes to complete the upgrade!

Thanks for that..
If you remove the SD card and start up the RC, AC and App, does it report "No SD Card" in the top right of the App?

Hey Gerken..
welcome to inspirepilots.com! !
my guess is you dont n have a good connection between your ac and gimble. .
try checking the contacts and make sure the are aligned. .
Also take a peep at the ribon cables to make sure they are seated..
some pilots need to lower the mount to get a good connection. .
let us know what you find out? ?
Turb...
Hello. I hate to make my first post a cry for help, but I'm frustrated and grasping. :(

I just got my inspire back from repair and when I hooked it up it said everything needed updating. I managed to update the rc without a problem, but the drone refuses to take an update.

It is clearly talking to the rc but it is not transmitting video, and it reports that the drone, battery and camera all need updating.

The problem come sin when I try and update. instead of the pattern of 4 beeps followed by a triple beep completed signal I get an endless constant pattern of beeps. And when i check the log file it does not show any status updates, it just shows a long series of the update starting that looks like this...

Packet: WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin

Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

I'm at my wits end and horribly frustrated. I had to send it in for repair already, and am not looking forward to sending it back for a firmware issue.

I was planning on talking to support today, since I can not easily take a couple hours off of work during the week to sit on the phone with tech support. But I hadn't realized that their support is only available M-F. :(

Looking through the forum it seems like several people are having problems with the firmware, but I don't see any posted solutions. It seems like it either works or it doesn't.

I'm hoping I missed someones post with a solution, if so please, please point me in the right direction.

It is currently off and has been for most of my attempts. But I tried with it on as well at one point. Hopefully that didn't cause any permanent problems.

I have removed the camera gimble and re attached it to make sure the connection was good. I don't see any exposed loose wires.

No difference.

Aviator and Turbo, I appreciate your help. process of elimination is fine, it's something. I am running out of my own ideas of what to check.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
When you attempt to Upgrade, there is a hidden folder created on the SD card called MISC, this folder contains some log files, can you read the latest log file?

With the fresh card it did actually go into a 4 beep loop, and ended with a three beep, but it only went about a minute, and didn't leave the normal log file.

Inside of the misc folder there is a conf file. I have attached it.

I'm not sure why there's a wifi config in there, but that's the worst password ever.

Attachments

• wifi.txt
    2 KB · Views: 9
This short cycle of beeps usually indicates the battery upgrade process.
Is the "About" section unchanged now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84