Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another firmware update problem :(

I don't expect things will be any different then. Thanks.
Is there anyway you can borrow another camera from a buddy to try?
It seems like a camera issue because it's communicating with the i1 but you have no video..
like I said you might want to make sure it's making good contact. .some have had to lower the mount to get a good connection. .I wish I knew of a way to check to see if all the pins are connecting. .like paint or something. ..
also the ribon cable is hard to see both ends without taking it apart. .I looked for a thread that describes how to do this but I can't find it...

Delete everything on your SD card and put the WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin file on there and try again..
NOTE It takes maybe 20 minutes to complete the upgrade!
I just received my Inspire 1 from repair. Luckily for me, they sent me a "New" inspire 1. I am even luckier because I updated and test flew my bird without a hitch. Note: my update only took about 5 minutes to go from ver. 1.3 to 1.4... Thank God!!!!!

Good Luck man. You may have to send it in again...

Hello. I hate to make my first post a cry for help, but I'm frustrated and grasping. :(

I just got my inspire back from repair and when I hooked it up it said everything needed updating. I managed to update the rc without a problem, but the drone refuses to take an update.

It is clearly talking to the rc but it is not transmitting video, and it reports that the drone, battery and camera all need updating.

The problem come sin when I try and update. instead of the pattern of 4 beeps followed by a triple beep completed signal I get an endless constant pattern of beeps. And when i check the log file it does not show any status updates, it just shows a long series of the update starting that looks like this...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:06 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin

Packet: WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin

Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

I'm at my wits end and horribly frustrated. I had to send it in for repair already, and am not looking forward to sending it back for a firmware issue.

I was planning on talking to support today, since I can not easily take a couple hours off of work during the week to sit on the phone with tech support. But I hadn't realized that their support is only available M-F. :(

Looking through the forum it seems like several people are having problems with the firmware, but I don't see any posted solutions. It seems like it either works or it doesn't.

I'm hoping I missed someones post with a solution, if so please, please point me in the right direction.

Last option before i send it in is to take it back to the camera store I got it at and see if they can do anything. If it's a matter of adjusting the camera mount then that might be something they can do. I'm not going to risk taking any tools to it.

I wonder if this is an android cache issue..
Try deleting the app from your android device, completely reboot the device and then install the app again.
Its worth a try, I have done this in the past with IOS..

Well that was odd. After reinstalling the djigo software on the android tablet I'm using I got the camera back, woo! but then it did something funky.

And by funky I mean horrifying. :(

20150919_211305315_iOS.jpg

I think the problem will continue until the install can get past the initial loop it seems to be stuck in. All the log files I've seen from other people seem to show more steps after what I have. Mine seems to be losing connection and starting over repeatedly.

Last option before i send it in is to take it back to the camera store I got it at and see if they can do anything. If it's a matter of adjusting the camera mount then that might be something they can do. I'm not going to risk taking any tools to it.
I think the problem will continue until the install can get past the initial loop it seems to be stuck in. All the log files I've seen from other people seem to show more steps after what I have. Mine seems to be losing connection and starting over repeatedly.
Seems like an intermittent short..
keep searching for a bad connection. ..

If you have another device to plug into try that just to eliminate the app..

I have tried using a nexus tablet and a galaxy phone. But I don't see how that will matter since the actual firmware update takes place while the RC is turned off. Well it should if it ever happens. :(

If you use a different device and you have the same results. .it's not your tablet or app...
I have tried using a nexus tablet and a galaxy phone. But I don't see how that will matter since the actual firmware update takes place while the RC is turned off. Well it should if it ever happens. :(

Yup, I'm pretty sure it's the drone. Seems likely that it's the gimble connection somehow. I sure with the store was open on saturday. It's hard to put it aside and wait. I'm an impatient fellow sometimes.

Yup, I'm pretty sure it's the drone. Seems likely that it's the gimble connection somehow. I sure with the store was open on saturday. It's hard to put it aside and wait. I'm an impatient fellow sometimes.
Ya man...
it's not easy to be patient when you need to feed your drone addiction and you're grounded ..lol..
this is how I keep my mind off of the fact that my rc is currently getting violated by dji la...haha..lol...
there's a thread on how to adjust the gimble plate ..
I'll look for it. .
turb ....

I had problems with the update too. Made toast of a new $100 card. Couldn't even be seen by a PC. Rather than format the next card in a PC, I used the FORMAT in the DJI go app, which also creates the video folder. After that, all was fine. Where did you format your card?

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I tried formatting it using the dji go ap, and it didn't even format it. the format option didn't do anything.

And mini update for anyone paying attention. I went and talked to Calumet Photo where I purchased it. And they said they can't even look at it. I have no recourse except to talk to DJI.

And DJI isn't open on the weekends. Leaving the only time I can talk to anyone between 9-5 m-f... in the middle of my work day. Joy.

I realize this is probably a self caused problem, I probably messed up the first update somehow and all of this is my fault, but I can't express how frustrated and annoyed I am.

I doubt it was your fault! !
Mine is at dji la and I didn't do anything except try and connect the go app to my ac..
there is a 1% chance the usb port failed on its own...
I feel your frustration but unfortunately it's par for the course. .
if you have to send it in ask for a shipping label ..
when you call try using two phones to get through. .
just keep calling when you get hung up on and you will get through. ..
hopefully you'll get through in a timely manner and not cut into your work time too much..
try and not let it bother you and soon this will be behind you..
I've owned my i1 for about ten months and out of that ten months it's been at dji for two of them..
just the way it is...
Sorry for your frustration! !
Turbo. ...
I tried formatting it using the dji go ap, and it didn't even format it. the format option didn't do anything.

And mini update for anyone paying attention. I went and talked to Calumet Photo where I purchased it. And they said they can't even look at it. I have no recourse except to talk to DJI.

And DJI isn't open on the weekends. Leaving the only time I can talk to anyone between 9-5 m-f... in the middle of my work day. Joy.

I realize this is probably a self caused problem, I probably messed up the first update somehow and all of this is my fault, but I can't express how frustrated and annoyed I am.

This looks like it could be the camera needs updating before any of the other modules can be updated..
I have a camera patch file that could be worth trying, what do you think?

Aviator, I appreciate the offer, but at this point I'm not going to touch it until I can talk to the dji guys.

I don't want to have to tell them I've been trying to use patches from random people online. :)

I've no doubt of your intentions and it's probably a good idea, but I want to talk to them before I branch out that far from the prescribed update procedure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk