Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

another (I think basic) updating question

Reaction score
I accomplished the recent firmware update on the I2 by running a USB C from the crystal sky to the I2 USB port.

I am still getting a message to turn on the controller and connect the mobile device to the I2 by the existing wire. The diagram shows a blue line coming off the mobile device to a green line connected to the I2. I tried connecting the USB on the I2 to a micro USB port on the crystal sky but that doesn't seem to be working.

How is that particular update supposed to work. I am trying to do this using the Cendence controller so the USB C port on the crystal sky is hardpoint attached to the Cendence.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I have had the I2 for awhile but was waiting for the crystal sky monitors I ordered in may (for the DJI promised june/july introduction lol). I got them around Christmas time so I am trying to get everything set up for a maiden voyage as soon as the weather gets a little more hospitable here in Michigan.

I've been flying Sparks and Maviks lately, so I am looking forward to the I2 Cendence flights :)

Cheers!

Phil

If you are trying to update the Inspire 2, please use the USB A to A cable that came with the aircraft. Connect it from the I2 to your computer using the Assistant 2 program from DJI. There is a little switch at the USB port on the I2 that you will need to toggle. When connected to the Assistant 2 follow the prompts for a FW refresh/upgrade.

Same issue here. So I connected to Assistant 2 and it asked to update the Precise No Fly Zone database and it got to 99% and failed and would not work after. So I connected my CrystalSky and updated the database that way fine. I reconnected to Assistant 2 as there is a firmware update for my I2 and it will not load any firmware options, it just states cannot load firmware versions and to retry but it never works. The only other option in Assistant 2 is to reset to factory settings, anyone else experience this or know a fix without resetting to factory? The update for firmware for I2 doesn't do anything on the CrystalSky either like the original poster mentioned.

UPDATE: I was not able to use either CrystalSky or Assistant 2 to update my I2 firmware but when I hooked up my Iphone 6 Plus with GO 4 it downloaded and updated the firmware without a hitch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdolphBonn