Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Antenna Noise

Reaction score
I've had some disconnects recently after the update but they weren't really bothering me too much. The weather was lousy yesterday so I thought I would set up the ipad I just got exclusively for the inspire. I tried the simulator and noticed that I was getting disconnects while the bird was next to me. I folded up the antenna to put it away and heard a slight crunchy noise in the right antenna only. It's slight, but it is crunchy, like a bearing starting to go bad. I can't imagine anything in there that would make that noise other than a broken wire. I was gonna pop it apart to take a peek, but I really don't want to void any warranty. Any thoughts? Am I overly paranoid?

Worrying that it disconnected when it was right next to you. Maybe someone else will chime in but I would be as concerned as you are it seems. Depending on where you bought it from, do you deal with them a lot and would it be worth asking them what to do also?

I have to agree with the above post in that I would be worried if it is disconnecting often within feet of the RC. Contact your supplier and see if they can get you a new antenna. Unfortunately, most people are being forced to send stuff in even when it is a small part repair so it may mean sending in your whole RC.

Yeah I've only had her about 5-6 weeks, my dealer is across the country. They told me to send it in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG