Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anti-Collision lighting for Inspire (20 Grams)

looks nice, good find, im thinking velcro'ed somewhere, but where would be the best spot?

It must be center mass. The balance point. On top for sure. Unless you want to counter weight but that would just add more weight. It must be viewable in all directions. Velcro is what I'm going to use because it's removable. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Reactions: Nasscar][
My lights arrived. I ordered 3. One of each color they offered which were red, white and blue. They are much lighter than I had expected. They come with a clip attached to them. When you remove the clip it makes it less bulky and opens loop holes for Velcro to loop through almost like a belt.

This photo shows the white light with the clip removed. The red light still has the clip attached. Note the loop holes. By flipping the battery in the opposite direction. It will change to either solid or blinking (beacon) one bird is in the air that can't be changed until it's on the ground. The manufacture gives it a 3 mile visibility rating. $19.99 each.

I haven't attached mine to the bird yet, been super busy. I'll post when I do.

IMG_0866.JPG

Be very careful about anything on top of an Inspire1 because your satellite receiver is on top and if you pick it up to carry it when it is on (but not blades turning LOL) it loses satellite reception as your hand grabs it on top.

Reactions: 304HighDrone
No GPS signals were harmed in the making of my video above -- all 4 lights mounted on the main arms, out of the way of the retracting landing gear bars. But a good point -- I've mounted small cameras on top, but only when I was prepared to fly P-ATTI exclusively...

It must be center mass. The balance point. On top for sure. Unless you want to counter weight but that would just add more weight. It must be viewable in all directions. Velcro is what I'm going to use because it's removable. Can't wait for it to arrive.
At 20g it doesn't matter where you put it. To light for any practical effect on balance point/CoG. The Inspire will fly as if it wasn't there. Try carrying a Sony A6000 at 600g+! (Even at that it flys great, just shorter flight times)

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Reactions: 304HighDrone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb