Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anti collision lights for Inspire

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the link to them. There were some clip on ultra bright lights with their own battery. Self contained. Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Reactions: roclimber69
EBay firehouse something has ones that are 4 grams

Attachments

• 14728247230261646947184.jpg
    14728247230261646947184.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: Paul Nordin
Is there a way, to get power from the A/C in lue of an additional battery? The DS-30 strobe from North American Survival is plenty bright but the added weight of a 9v makes it bulky.

I have strobes other than these with a 2s lipo visible over three miles

Attachments

• 1472869794561629236402.jpg
    1472869794561629236402.jpg
    843 KB · Views: 146
I gotta think that there is a better way than strapping a flashlight onto an inspire.

Why not? Some sort of quick release device so it could be moved from copter to copter. Creativity is a good thing. Plus it can be seen 1 mile in the daylight. It is not just a flashlight.

Guys I have to chime in. Now that most of us are Part 107 pilots, you have to think regulation! Is there a regulation that spells out anti collision lights? Yes, there is! Until the FAA spells out different guidelines for sUAS's the existing regulations are what matters. Welcome to FAR §23.1397.

Now, does anyone know of a anti-collision light that meets FAR §23.1397, I'm looking for one myself

FAR §23.1397 is for the color of PositionLights, so without debating the chromaticity of "Aviation White", lets just go with "Anti-collision light" visible at 3SM. FAR §23.1401 covers anti collision lights.

The DS-30 Strobe from North American Survival Systems meets the FAA requirements, (*) and a RP can reduce the light intensity/output in the interest of safety.

The key seems to be power and placement of a strobe, so as to not to interfere with the the camera and distract the RP by blooming over the orientation lights.

DS-30--1 Drone Strobe

Last edited:
FAR §23.1397 is for the color of PositionLights, so without debating the chromaticity of "Aviation White", lets just go with "Anti-collision light" visible at 3SM. FAR §23.1401 covers anti collision lights.

The DS-30 Strobe from North American Survival Systems meets the FAA requirements, (*) and a RP can reduce the light intensity/output in the interest of safety.

The key seems to be power and placement of a strobe, so as to not to interfere with the the camera and distract the RP by blooming over the orientation lights.

DS-30--1 Drone Strobe

What will you power it with?

DS-30--1 Drone Strobe

I definitely agree, I referenced that because many were just referring to using white lights or flash lights. To add, there is a flash or pulse that also has to be adhered to as well

Or (looks like they also have a stand-alone version and check out their dome cover too)

STROBON v2 Navigation Light (WHITE) - Flytrap

For those who want to power from I1 have a look at the small DC to DC board which can take the 21Vdc down to an adjustable "whatever"

Cheers!

Last edited:

DS-30--1 Drone Strobe

Ref the power supply for the DS-30, this is what I got from the company:

Subject: DS-30 Strobe Question

The DS-30 operates on any voltage between 4.2 and 11.5 Same brightness on all voltages. Most customers are using a 9 Volt battery case with on/off switch. I will update specs on website.

Thank You

Jim

Sincerely,
North American Survival Systems

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan