Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Antiglare + Protection for Inspire Tablets

Will you use this?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Website
www.apaaustralia.com.au
Hi All,

I thought I would share what I have done to eliminate a lot of the Glare off the tablet when in the field. Personally I hate having the big Screen shield on the tablet so I have come up with 2 fixes.
1 : is removing Glare & 2: Is protecting the Tablet.

This is for iPad Mini but you can do this for most popular tablets.

What you will need to do is purchase a Antiglare screen guard and a Gecko Ultra tough case or Griffin Survivor for iPad Mini. Both work well.

First install the antiglare screen guard - make sure you remove all the grit and dust from the glass.. the cleaner it is the less air bubble you will get.

Second is install the protective case - not these are supplied with a polycarbonate screen protector attached to the face.. Remove this as it will just induce glare back onto your screen. The case will keep the units protected in your case and in the field and the antiglare screen guard will assist in reducing the glare in direct sunlight.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_7751.jpg
    IMG_7751.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7756.jpg
    IMG_7756.jpg
    958.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7757.jpg
    IMG_7757.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7750.jpg
    IMG_7750.jpg
    967.7 KB · Views: 46
G'day:
The iPad Air 2 barely fits into the tablet clamp without a case, so I'm pretty sure it will not fit with either the Gecko or the Griffin.

I find that the Hoodivision is the better way to go -- the "reflection" you see in the screen is the matte black lining of the Hoodivision.

But best of all, is to use the HDMI output from the RC and a pair of Cinemizers worn low on your nose so you can see over the top of them to maintain visual line of sight with the I1.

You do also need to wear a hat with a wide brim. A Tilley T3 "Snap-up" hat works well -- or a drongo hat with corks dangling to keep the flies away :) (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/Australian-Hat-with-Corks-1/dp/B00ZWT7M5A) ). Of course, with the Cinemizers you cannot see the iPad easily, so I just push the Cinemizers up on to my forehead when I need to use the iPad controls.

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for the feedback... As mentioned this solution is for iPad Mini and works extremely well. As you can see from the images the iPad min and Case fit nicely in the cradle and hold securely.
Looks like you are based in the USA.. Just a FYI - No one in Australia actually wears a Cork Hat and on a commercial job situation a cork hat probably doesn't scream professionalism.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions