Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Any Experience with this Range Extender?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Cole Slaw, May 14, 2015.

1. Cole Slaw

2. Kauaigene

Interesting. Is Lightbridge actually a 2.4 GH wifi system?

3. Cole Slaw

Reading through the specs it looks like its definitely a 2.4ghz system. It also operates in the 5ghz range as well. That would put it in line with Wifi.

Operating Frequency
    922.7~927.7 MHz (Japan Only)
    5.725~5.825 GHz
    2.400~2.483 GHz

4. Jerry Nycom

Im no expert but the seller is selling a wifi solution with a Phantom app screen shot, the mod RC from Tony at FPVLR.com for an Inspire 1?

5. andisblue

Yes, I use them along with the half-sphere antennas from FPVLR .

In the heavily wifi congested area that I stand , my range increased from 400-600m (yes , I know that's low) to over 2500m. I haven't tried In in a desolate mountain area yet, but am assuming the range will be much greater (but unnecessary). Furthest I have flown is 3100m. Video starts to channel-switch around 2500m, but mostly it's flawless. Even when LOS is broken because of buildings or trees , I'll get over 1km.

6. Kauaigene

Did you do the install yourself?
    How's that work? Could not find any info....is there a web site info source?

7. Frank508

turbodronepilot likes this.
  8. NEJO/Wisconsin

I am not a radio guy either but I believe there is a kit/parts only you can buy from Fpvlr there is wires connectors Ect. Also Tony is a extremely fair guy I believe it's a few hundred to have them installed if it was a easy install I do not think he wld charge that much. Plus you need the 3d printed mount Ect... Ohh yea a battery that is made to hook up to them as well is there a few guys on here that Cld I am sure there is but I do not think those guys wld ask for directions I think they would understand the concept. I recieved my stage 2 mod controller back from Fpvlr yesterday and it looks like what it is and that is s set-up that was installed by a professional.

9. Frank508

I agree, it is to all of our advantage to support the guys like Tony that are developing this stuff. I was directing my comments to the amazon link at the top of this page. If I do it, I'll certainly go with Tony's kit. It has all the extras, as you mentioned, it looks nice, and if I have a problem I can call him for advice. The link between me and a $2000 piece of equipment isn't the place to save $40.

Tony has a link to a great tutorial on how to do it, and it doesn't look too bad if you are someone that likes to tinker with things.

10. andisblue

FPVLR did the install. Very good work. I feel like it would not be very difficult to do it yourself, though.

11. NEJO/Wisconsin

12. Kauaigene

So did you.buy the parts from Amazom or from Tony.
    Are you sure they are the same ones as the Amazon ad?
    Just curious

13. NEJO/Wisconsin

Visually yes they seem to be but I cannot honestly answer it

14. AL_Gray

Can anyone tell me if it would work if I only upgraded the Slave controller and not the Master controller? I fly with an FPV on the nose, so (as Pilot In Charge) I don't get fazed when visual breaks up, I have an alternative. But it's a nightmare when it disappears when your the Gimbal Operator. I've missed too many shots due to this!