Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Any Insurance recommendations

Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a decent insurance company for a sole trader with 3 UAVs

Looking at insurance4drones and John Heath at the moment.

Cheers

Mike

I'll be in the market for commercial insurance soon so will be interested to see what people recommend. I guess you need to decide what sort of cover is required with factors including:
Amount of liability insurance
If you want the UAVs insured
Excess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be in the market for commercial insurance soon so will be interested to see what people recommend. I guess you need to decide what sort of cover is required with factors including:
Amount of liability insurance
If you want the UAVs insured
Excess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at the policies carefully.
Some underwriters writing this kind of cover are not the sharpest tools in the box (although many have great skill in consuming large quantities of port) and limit the amount of cover of ancillary equipment (including batteries) to a proportion of the value of the UAV.
With the price of the technology dropping all the time this means if you have more than 3 batteries (and frankly most do if they are operating commercially) then you will not be fully covered in the event of a theft.
Also, if you require it, make sure coverage is provided for theft from unattended vehicles - many exclude this.

I'll be interested to see this as well, my course is in September. Insurance for drones was a bit of a rip off if I remember right [emoji53][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry