Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Any one get their 107 Certificate?

I received my temporary already. As a previously certified pilot I simply took the online course and had a CFI that works for me certify it Tuesday and got the temporary within 48 hours.

Anyone else interested in doing this be sure to register at iacra.faa.gov, complete the application and upload the certificate for the course. The CFI only needs to see your Course certificate, pilot certificate, Government ID and your last flight review. I have already done several remote pilots and it is pretty easy if you do what I suggest, prior to meeting with the CFI.

I did have someone come in that had not done ANY of the prep work. He did not know his IACRA login or password and had not completed the application. I helped him reset his password, enter an application, scanned and upload his Part 107 Course Certificate and signed his application in less than 30 minutes. I charged him a 1/2 hour of my time which was $35 and he was good to go.

After you have done the above and would like me to look it over prior to meeting with a CFI I will be happy to do so for fourm members free of charge. I can not sign it for you as I can not verify your identity through email. Just PM me your FTN and I will check it for you. BTW, for SSN select "Do Not Use". You do not need to give the FAA your SSN as it then becomes public record that others may be able to access.

Looks like I'm joining the ranks as well! Passed with a 85! Woot! I studied all the free resources that are available and still passed, even better than some of those that took paid courses! Stoked I saved some money!
Congratulations.

Some have bought the paid courses, consistently scored in the 90 percentile and still failed the written.

I still maintain the best approach is to study the material suggested by the FAA on the FAA website: https://www.faa.gov/regulations_pol...s/aviation/media/remote_pilot_study_guide.pdf

Carefully read the questions and answers, make sure you understand both. They are often written in a way designed to get you to pick the wrong answer.

Reactions: Kilinahe Media
I received my temp Certificate this past Tuesday 8/30/2016 at the Rapid City FSDO. It was the first one they had issued so they used it to show the staff how it's done.
They were great to work with.
14102546_10210392790401244_1105699604990350940_n.jpg

I got mine on the 1st at the Atlanta FSDO. I was in and out in 15 minutes, they were great. Appointments are required and they only do them on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I used my 121 carrier recurrent sim report in leu of BFR, I also had an Air Force Form 8 from a Qual/Instr. check ride as a back up. Either will work. They say we should receive our actual certificates in two weeks...

I took mine this morning at 8 a.m.. I passed with an 80% with little to no studying. I only reviewed the study guide available on the FAA website the night before. A lot of airspace questions but if you're observant you can figure out the right answers without knowing too much before hand.

Makes me feel pretty good about it since the commercial pilot passed with a 73%. haha
It's not just about passing, it is about knowing and being able to fly safely in all aspects as a commercial pilot!:rolleyes:

It's not just about passing, it is about knowing and being able to fly safely in all aspects as a commercial pilot!:rolleyes:
Scores are only for bragging purposes and bar bets. Ask the pilot to show you her/his ATP certificate next time you get on American airlines and see if it shows a written exam score...

I wondering what they will do for the numbering. It implies that they will not be using our pilot certificate number.

If they start with the number 1, then the real bragging rights will be based on how low your number is.

Reactions: SanCap
I wondering what they will do for the numbering. It implies that they will not be using our pilot certificate number.

If they start with the number 1, then the real bragging rights will be based on how low your number is.

My number should be pretty low as my certificate was issued at 7:54 AM 8.29.16, I am sure some were issued prior to mine.

Status Update: Nothing new to report. :(

I took the exam at the first session last Monday. As of 9/2 my status was Received By Registry. No green button on the IACRA console yet.

Status Update: Nothing new to report. :(

I took the exam at the first session last Monday. As of 9/2 my status was Received By Registry. No green button on the IACRA console yet.
Same here... wondering if I did something wrong in the process.

Same here... wondering if I did something wrong in the process.

I sent an email the UAS help desk (it was listed on the sheet I got from the testing center). I asked if there was another step I was supposed to complete, or if I was just waiting for TSA approval.

I'll post the response when I get it.

I sent an email the UAS help desk (it was listed on the sheet I got from the testing center). I asked if there was another step I was supposed to complete, or if I was just waiting for TSA approval.

Cool... thanks!

Hey, I don't usually post over here (phantom pilots rather). I saw this post and thought I'd share what I know. I took the test on the afternoon of the 29th. My test showed up in the iacra database on the evening of the 30th. I completed my application at that time and submitted it. It sat with a status of "Completed" until Thursday the 1st, until it changed to "Transferred to Registry". I called the airman cert office on Thursday and was told that it could take a week to get the temporary. TSA vetting, etc. Former pilots breeze right through within a couple of hours. So, you should know something this week.

Last edited:
Hey, I don't usually post over here (phantom pilots rather). I saw this post and thought I'd share what I know. I took the test on the afternoon of the 29th. My test showed up in the iacra database on the evening of the 30th. I completed my application at that time and submitted it. It sat with a status of "Completed" until Thursday the 1st, until it changed to "Transferred to Registry". I called the airman cert office on Thursday and was told that it could take a week to get the temporary. TSA vetting, etc. Former pilots breeze right through within a couple of hours. So, you should know something this week.

Cool, thanks for the info. That is good to know. I was worried that we might be waiting for a month or two.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1