Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any recommendations when it comes to video editing software?

Reaction score
Any software (running on windows) that you would recommend to use for private / half business purposes to edit any aerial captured videos? Free or purchase?

THX

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Big +1. If you have a kid at school you can get an education licence...for their use only of course [emoji12]

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

This is true.

EDIT: One can subscribe to Adobe Premiere Pro CC for $19.99 a month. Most people pay far more than that for their monthly coffee fix. The subscription fee is a tax deduction for those who itemize (U.S. tax payers).

Reactions: Bossman
How pro do you want to go? You may want to consider Premiere Elements for its simplicity and one-time payment for the software. In theory $20/month isn't a lot, but if you plan to be editing for the next few years it does add up. You can get a hard copy of elements for about $100 I think and it will be easier to get going on, although not have nearly the amount of features and effects.

How pro do you want to go? You may want to consider Premiere Elements for its simplicity and one-time payment for the software. In theory $20/month isn't a lot, but if you plan to be editing for the next few years it does add up. You can get a hard copy of elements for about $100 I think and it will be easier to get going on, although not have nearly the amount of features and effects.

$20 a day for PP is not too much at all. That's only $240 a year. One job pays for the year's expense and then some.

Did you ever buy a copy of PP before the subscription program? Now that was expensive! Besides, as mentioned, if one itemizes on his taxes, it's deductible. The subscription covers all updates, so you always have the most up-to-date version on your system at any given time.

$20 a day for PP is not too much at all. That's only $240 a year. One job pays for the year's expense and then some.

Did you ever buy a copy of PP before the subscription program? Now that was expensive! Besides, as mentioned, if one itemizes on his taxes, it's deductible. The subscription covers all updates, so you always have the most up-to-date version on your system at any given time.
Well a year isn't bad, but he never really specified if he's using it for commercial gains or for personal/internal corporate stuff.
We've had a multi-user subscription to CC products for years, and it would have been cheaper to buy a hard copy of each program we use. So I do understand the benefits of the subscription based model, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's right for everyone.

Well a year isn't bad, but he never really specified if he's using it for commercial gains or for personal/internal corporate stuff.
We've had a multi-user subscription to CC products for years, and it would have been cheaper to buy a hard copy of each program we use. So I do understand the benefits of the subscription based model, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's right for everyone.

No, I did not mean to say it was right for everyone.

Another +10 for Premiere Pro CC. No matter the license you get, it's worth every penny. It's not "2016 MacBook Pro" pro...it's actually pro. :p

Quick side note: Get it, then head over to Lynda.com and do their Premiere Pro Essentials course. While I don't expect everyone to go through the entire 11hr+ course in a day and a half like I did, it WILL get you more than competent very, very quickly. I HIGHLY recommend it, especially considering Lynda.com gives everyone a free trial. You could do the course for free.

I also recommend Davinci Resolve for color grading if you want to do it at a high level. With a recent update, Adobe essentially killed their Speed Grade software and the built in Lumetri is supposed to be the replacement. Well...it's...ok, at best. It'll get the job done for most people but it's not on the same level as actual grading software. Resolve is free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo