Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anybody else using Go Pro Studio for their video editing ?

Reaction score
I haven't invested in any fancy video editing software YET ! At the moment I'm just using the software that I use for my GoPro and I'm just wondering if anybody else uses it and if so what do you think of it ?

It's fairly basic but dead easy to use which suits me, maybe I'm missing out by not getting something like Final cut.

I haven't used the gopro studio but have used amateur programs like I Movie.
Personally i think unless you a pro or need the extra features of FCP then these "lesser" programs are fine and often quicker to use.
Im a pro photographer and run a studio with about 5 staff. One shoots events and uses imovie for its simplicity . It does everything she wants. The above can be said of photoshop also and cameras in general. Just because its pro doesn't mean its the best for you.

I haven't invested in any fancy video editing software YET ! At the moment I'm just using the software that I use for my GoPro and I'm just wondering if anybody else uses it and if so what do you think of it ?

It's fairly basic but dead easy to use which suits me, maybe I'm missing out by not getting something like Final cut.
Try davinci lite from blackmagic is free as long as you keep it <4k and not 3d

Sent from my S5

Thanks for the replies. Yes iMovie is OK but unfortunately if you shoot a 4k clip after editing you can only export it in 1080

Am I missing something? I attempted to use the GoPro Studio editor, but it barked at me saying it was only capable of using videos taken by a gopro. Is there a way around this I'm not aware of?

Am I missing something? I attempted to use the GoPro Studio editor, but it barked at me saying it was only capable of using videos taken by a gopro. Is there a way around this I'm not aware of?
The application won't allow you to trim clips prior to conversion unless they're GoPro. However, you can still import/convert clips and then trim them during the editing process. For large clips, it may take a little longer to convert.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry