Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone approaching/reached 50hrs flight time on their Inspire yet?

I have 50 hours 17 min with a total distance of 3,190,885 feet and 243 flights. I have had no service light appear; however I have had 1 of my 7 batteries go bad. Everything seems to be ok... but I am curious how long before the motors burn out? I heard it was 500 hours for the motors?

I have 50 hours 17 min with a total distance of 3,190,885 feet and 243 flights. I have had no service light appear; however I have had 1 of my 7 batteries go bad. Everything seems to be ok... but I am curious how long before the motors burn out? I heard it was 500 hours for the motors?
Motors will not burn out and should last the lifetime of the machine since there are no moving parts in them.
The bearings however should be replaced at routine intervals. (80-100 flight hours would be sensible or sooner if wearing)

Motors will not burn out and should last the lifetime of the machine since there are no moving parts in them.
The bearings however should be replaced at routine intervals. (80-100 flight time would be sensible or sooner if wearing)

Do we have to send back to DJI for bearing replacement?

The bearings however should be replaced at routine intervals. (80-100 flight hours would be sensible or sooner if wearing)
You're saying that the bearings should be replaced after 80-100 flight hours?

You're saying that the bearings should be replaced after 80-100 flight hours?
I am (sorry, I left out the flight hours bit...now edited :confused:) - I actually have that maintenance regime itemised in my ops manual.
T-Motor bearings which are way superior to DJI's offerings quote around 80 hours replacement interval. DJI's bearings are not ceramic and are not that great so expect to even replace before that if they show signs of wear.
Always check you motor temps immediately after touching down (again this is in my ops manual post flight checklist) - If any one motor feels noticeably warmer than the others suspect bearings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide