Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone do long range testing with FPVLR antennas yet ??

His modifications do not increase the power output of the antennas whatsoever -- they simply reshape the waveform so it is more efficient in some directions, and less efficient in others.
Yes, but as the limit is defined as EIRP the point is that the spec should not be exceeded in any given direction. If you take a device that sends out the maximum allowed amount of power spread around the whole volume, then focus it with an appropriate antenna you will exceed the maximum in that focused zone.

Exactly - @catware I'm not getting into an argument on isotropic radiation. I just can't be arsed to write down theory on the subject but suffice to say different countries have different laws governing the amount of rf that can be emitted by certain devices at certain frequencies.
EIRP and ERP are not the same thing and if you change the gain of the antenna (directional or not) but keep the power of the output stage the same then you are changing the EIRP (in some cases considerably).
I will not comment further on this thread.

Exactly - @catware I'm not getting into an argument on isotropic radiation. I just can't be arsed to write down theory on the subject but suffice to say different countries have different laws governing the amount of rf that can be emitted by certain devices at certain frequencies.
EIRP and ERP are not the same thing and if you change the gain of the antenna (directional or not) but keep the power of the output stage the same then you are changing the EIRP (in some cases considerably).
I will not comment further on this thread.
Sorry for being the biggest troll. I apologize for my posts, didn't mean to highjack this tread and show my ignorance of the topic.

Last edited:
Hey guys..
I think it's good we are talking about this issue. .
I do sense a lot of hate between the different opinions and that's too bad.. we are all different and have different ideas, beliefs ,religions and political views, but let's try and be nice to each other ..
If you're just a guy that's pissed off all the time take a deep breath and chill and go out and do what makes you happy..life's too short to sweat the small stuff ...and it's all small stuff..Treat people how you want to be treated. .
we are all brothers and sisters. .
turbo. .

I don't see any difference in risk as far as how much distance you have between you and your drone..
if you're going to have a problem it's not going to matter how close it is to you ..
if your fly in the hills there's probably not any crop dusters and helicopters flying under 400 ft..
turbo. .

Hey guys..
I do sense a lot of hate between the different opinions and that's too bad.. we are all different and have different ideas, beliefs ,religions and political views, but let's try and be nice to each other ..
If you're just a guy that's pissed off all the time take a deep breath and chill and go out and do what makes you happy..life's too short to sweat the small stuff ...and it's all small stuff..Treat people how you want to be treated. .
turbo. .
Amen!

Don't see it being and issue anymore than drunk driving, speeding, murder, stealing, etc... Outlaws will always exist!! Do whatever makes you HAPPY... Don't want to hear about it later!!!!! Fly Safe, have Fun[emoji6]!!!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hey guys..
turbo. .
I don't sense any hate, sorry if I may come off that way. I appreciate other views and every day realize how ignorant I can be. Hopefully nobody gets offended by my posts, life's too short to get upset over trivial matters.

Enjoy life and be nice

Reactions: blade strike
guys FPVLR is a company that exports internationally, we do most of our business abroad, and about 40% of the business here in the US,
of course we advertise on a internet based forum, which is accessible by members and citizens of all free countries of the world.
What has the fcc or faa have to do with business? They don't dictate what can be built and sold. It's like laser or radar detectors, legal to produce, legal to sell, legal to buy, but illegal in some us states to use them.
Every person takes responsibility for their actions, and I agree we are all grown men who can afford a 3k toy to potentially crash and burn and even laugh about it.....I trust people will fly responsibly. Antennas are not legal or illegal, its the use people make of it that can be legal or illegal. We are not doing anything wrong, we are a business with employees, and we pay a hefty tax to the IRS at the end of the year which people should be happy about.
If the USA deems illegal the mere production and sale of antennas, I will be more than happy to move the business and production to another country and deprive the IRS of my 6 figure yearly contribution to them.

I don't sense any hate, sorry if I may come off that way. I appreciate other views and every day realize how ignorant I can be. Hopefully nobody gets offended by my posts, life's too short to get upset over trivial matters.

Enjoy life and be nice
Hey crashburn. .
you're all good !! Don't trip...
turbo. ..

It is ironic that the first post in this thread asked for no trolls on this topic, and now this thread is full of trolls.

There are no trolls in this thread, unless you define a troll as someone whose opinions differs from yours.

Turbo, there is no hate in this thread, unless it is the hate you bring into it, and so far I haven't seen any from you.

Last edited:
What has the fcc or faa have to do with business? They don't dictate what can be built and sold. It's like laser or radar detectors, legal to produce, legal to sell, legal to buy, but illegal in some us states to use them.
Just a little detail, FAA doesn't but FCC do. You can't sell any RF-transmitting equipment that hasn't been certified to the public. If in doubt go and ask the many FPV equipment retailers who got fined tens of thousands a few years ago for selling video transmitters that did not have FCC IDs and weren't eligible for exemptions.

You probably get around with your own public-facing business (website) as you're just selling antennas.
For the I1 transmitter mod however tampering with a certified device for someone else could be enough to bring you in. You can do it for yourself IF you're a licensed radioamateur, maybe for others too as long as they are as well.
And it works the same pretty much everywhere in the world.

Reactions: InspiredOne
There are no trolls in this thread, unless you define a troll as someone whose opinions differs from yours.

Turbo, there is no hate in this thread, unless it is the hate you bring into it, and so far I haven't seen any from you.
What I mean by hate is when someone makes a post with a angry tone.. in my mind anger and hate come from the same place..
if your mad at someone for saying something you don't like it's coming from hate ..
I've had more hate in my life than most should ever experience so I know it when I see it..
I try and live my life like Bob Marley did..
I love all.. black ,white ,red no matter. .one love....
turbo. .

Just a little detail, FAA doesn't but FCC do. You can't sell any RF-transmitting equipment that hasn't been certified to the public. If in doubt go and ask the many FPV equipment retailers who got fined tens of thousands a few years ago for selling video transmitters that did not have FCC IDs and weren't eligible for exemptions.

You probably get around with your own public-facing business (website) as you're just selling antennas.
For the I1 transmitter mod however tampering with a certified device for someone else could be enough to bring you in. You can do it for yourself IF you're a licensed radioamateur, maybe for others too as long as they are as well.
And it works the same pretty much everywhere in the world.

Hi, actually you are wrong, I am charging for services, the person who is modifying the controller is the rightful owner. It's illegal to use a modified transmitter, not to perform the mod on the electronics of it, which we are doing on behalf of others. I checked with our attorney prior to embarking into this. We DO NOT SELL any non FCC certified transmitting device. Just like modifying the engine of a car is illegal due to emissions etc, the tech who performs the mod on behalf of the owner is not at fault, it's the owner who takes the responsibility of using it well.

OK, surprising. Here in Europe the tech who removes a legally required speed/power limitation or installs a kit on a motorcycle that exceeds legal displacement or power is very clearly responsible and prosecutable. Doing it for someone else is considered a more serious offense as doing it yourself. When you do it yourself you typically know what you're doing, but the guy who has it done typically has no idea of how to use it properly.

And you can't compare a car with an RF device. You can triple the power on your car and still respect speed limits, but when changing radiation characteristics of an RF device any time you turn it on you are violating the usage conditions and potentially causing trouble to someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
OK, surprising. Here in Europe the tech who removes a legally required speed/power limitation or installs a kit on a motorcycle that exceeds legal displacement or power is very clearly responsible and prosecutable. Doing it for someone else is considered a more serious offense as doing it yourself. When you do it yourself you typically know what you're doing, but the guy who has it done typically has no idea of how to use it properly.

And you can't compare a car with an RF device. You can triple the power on your car and still respect speed limits, but when changing radiation characteristics of an RF device any time you turn it on you are violating the usage conditions and potentially causing trouble to someone else.
Not the same here in the USA. I don't know of any cases where car or motorcycle mechanics have ever been prosecuted for making "illegal" mods to vehicle pollution control systems, mufflers, engines, etc First thing most Harley riders do is to replace the stock muffler with very loud illegal straight pipes, which also includes the required EPA emissions/pollution control parts, and our law enforcement very rarely harrass them for the noise, much less go after the manufacturer making the straight pipes or the mechanic that installed them. My personal feeling is that we have way too much government oversight, rules and regulations, which takes away from our god given inalienable rights ("freedom"), which are supposedly guaranteed by our Constitution but usually ignored by our power hungry narcisitic politicians at the national and local levels. I don't need big brother telling me how to live, what to eat, what mods I can do to my house, motorcycle, or Inspire. But I do have to comply with basic common sense rules, such as speed limits, and the same applies to flying drones by not endangering the general population or invading other peoples rights and privacy (or I could be sued by them, but not the government, for any damage I caused). If you take it easy on your Harley riding through quiet areas and exercise responsible common sense while using your other property such as your Inspire, its very offensive to me for big brother to try to limit your freedom to do so. I know this is a controversial topic, and if you don't own a motorcycle, gun, or drone, you wished that they were outlawed everywhere (same with different religions or opinions) . But thats not the way its supposed to work here in the USA where our founding fathers supposedly guaranteed us certain inalienable rights, such as religious freedom and freedom of speech, which have slowly been taken away by our politicians. That's my opinion and I certainly respect your right to yours.

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
So, has anyone done a range test on the FPVLR antennas yet? I just got mine last nite so will take it for a flight today. However, I plan to ease into testing the range. Not as ballsy as turbo and his 4 mile flight attempt! ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84