Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone do long range testing with FPVLR antennas yet ??

I'm surprised at the hubris and disparaging nature of this comment.
Those are big words..was just joking around. ..if you want to insult me just stick to words I don't have to look up to understand and don't worry I'll pass the Grey Poupon..
What I said I believe to be true.. it takes guts to hurl your inspire1 way the heck out there like the type of guts it takes to ride a bike a 200 mph..
most people probably don't have the desire ,skill or balls to go that fast..
just a fact..so sorry you were whatever(insuulted) .I'm not the type to put down people for their lack of balls..
but don't give me grief if you're a pussie...
turbo. .

Last edited:
Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
I pretty much use the TB48's when doing semi long range flight. Flying in the wind adds an interesting dynamic. I use an app called WindCompass which shows the wind speed and direction. Ideal to do long range with less wind as getting to your destination might be fast, but getting back can take twice as long from what I've seen. I typically turn around and head back at 70% battery.

How do batteries and wind fit into these long-range flights?

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
Those are big words..was just joking around. ..if you want to insult me just stick to words I don't have to look up to understand and don't worry I'll pass the Grey Poupon..
What I said I believe to be true.. it takes guts to hurl your inspire1 way the heck out there like the type of guts it takes to ride a bike a 200 mph..
most people probably don't have the desire ,skill or balls to go that fast..
just a fact..so sorry you were whatever(insuulted) .I'm not the type to put down people for their lack of balls..
but don't give me grief if you're a pussie...
turbo. .

First, I wasn't insulting "you," I was replying to your comment. I'm sorry you don't know the difference.

Second, you say you're not the type to put people down, then you turn around and immediately put me down. Follow your own advice and try not to talk like a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, this thread is about range testing the FPVLR antenna mods, so this is the place to discuss our experiences and how far we have flown with them. Of course there are risk involved which might be part of the fun.

This is not the kiddie pool :D!!

There are many risks to much of what people do. Some will take one risk while another will risk something different. Because person B doesn't take the same risks as person A, doesn't make B less of a person, regardless of what person A thinks or says.

I pretty much use the TB48's when doing semi long range flight. Flying in the wind adds an interesting dynamic. I use an app called WindCompass which shows the wind speed and direction. Ideal to do long range with less wind as getting to your destination might be fast, but getting back can take twice as long from what I've seen. I typically turn around and head back at 70% battery.

Thank you for the explanation. I learned something today!

Yes, the comfort level and risk is up to the individual. There is a fine line between how much i want to range test and risk loosing my i1, so have taken it slow and steady. It's incredible the amount of technology in inspire that allow live flawless HD video feeds at 2KM+ distances.

There are many risks to much of what people do. Some will take one risk while another will risk something different. Because person B doesn't take the same risks as person A, doesn't make B less of a person, regardless of what person A thinks or says.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Yes, the comfort level and risk is up to the individual. There is a fine line between how much i want to range test and risk loosing my i1, so have taken it slow and steady. It's incredible the amount of technology in inspire that allow live flawless HD video feeds at 2KM+ distances.

There is certainly nothing wrong with "slow and steady." Actually, I think this whole thing is very interesting. As you said, the Inspirer's technology is incredible and begs to be tested.

Years ago, my son had a flight simulator for the F-14 Tomcat. The sound track included chatter from the RIO in the second seat. One of his funnier lines was something like, "I wonder how hard you can pull on this ejection lever before the seat ejects?" In one situation or another, we've all asked similar questions, some will even put it to the test (much to their chagrin).

Reactions: catware
First, I wasn't insulting "you," I was replying to your comment. I'm sorry you don't know the difference.

Second, you say you're not the type to put people down, then you turn around and immediately put me down. Follow your own advice and try not to talk like a hypocrite.

I don't see where I put you down ..
nobody said you less of a person if you don't take risks or that I'm better because I do..
I was merely telling you my point of view witch is different than yours in regards to this subject. .
I didn't say you were a pussie and had a lack of balls but thats how it seems you took it..
I was talking in the 3rd person. ..
turbo. .

Last edited:
Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
My buddy is doing the mod on one of his transmitters so I'll be sure to do a review and post it on my channel when he gets it back. For now, check out this video of me flying into a wild fire for over 2 miles! I thought for sure the smoke was going to not allow me to get all the way in, but it wasn't a problem. As for height, dropping below 400' wasn't really an option, I started losing feed if I dropped down lower.

I am very glad we have fpvlr. I expect to see some pic and vid of long distance flight from inspire one not long argument on why you shouldn't fly it and condemn Tony etc. If you don't like it then leave this thread.

Reactions: Guyonamotorcycle
I can honestly say that all building are created differently it's true BUTTERS what type of flying wld you be trying to attempt if you were to get the upgrade what type of building/buildings. I had pretty good luck at 2.5 mile mark I was able to almost land behind a new construction concrete warehouse 30 ft tall building with a steel roof

Are you running with amps? You tried to land at 2.5 miles?

I can honestly say that all building are created differently it's true BUTTERS what type of flying wld you be trying to attempt if you were to get the upgrade what type of building/buildings. I had pretty good luck at 2.5 mile mark I was able to almost land behind a new construction concrete warehouse 30 ft tall building with a steel roof

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84