Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone from the UK, Sunderland area willing to Teach?

Good idea, perhaps contact Heliguy, see if they can help. If you were nearer I'd do it for free, have fun.

Who did you buy it from, I humbly but highly recommend Heliguy, try Matt or Chris, see if they can help, say Mark Bullen suggested you give them a ring, it may not help that much, but they know me well enough.

I bought it from Wex. Because of the weather i haven't had a chance to fly it yet. but im looking to cram as much flying and study time possible to get my license for commercial. Thanks i will look into your suggestion mate. Sid james's if full of poo it wouldn't make any difference!

I bought it from Wex. Because of the weather i haven't had a chance to fly it yet. but im looking to cram as much flying and study time possible to get my license for commercial. Thanks i will look into your suggestion mate. Sid james's if full of poo it wouldn't make any difference!
A bit too far for a day (I'm in east Midlands Lincolnshire) - I am hoping to have some dates posted up soon for the New Year for my 'Academy' - fingers crossed.
Oh no, you wanted someone with experience, counts me out. :p

Preferably with some DOP experience? But i mainly want someone to teach me the basics. When i throw myself into something i go right in to the far end. I have big plans for this little baby.

Hey up buddy, I have been flying for around a year now. I'm fully licensed with my PFAW. Airpxl is the trading name of Sonicware Ltd. Which you will find on the CAA website. I am one of the very few pilots in the north east who has night time permission. And anyone who has done that assessment will tell you how hard that test is.

Hopefully that proves my credentials. :)

I started a training school for newbie drone pilots called flySAFE which may be of interest to you. Still quite a new part of the company(ain't we all?)

Anyway, best bit is I am based in Washington UK, I can take you out on a weekend for as many hours as you need. We would go through the basics as required by the CAA, then I would fly with you until you are comfortable to go alone.

I can then advise you of the next steps if you wanted to gain your own CAA PFAW wings.

Let me know if it is of interest...

Chris

Hey Buddy,

I am actually from Durham but moved up here from work, love the area though.

The website is www.airpxl.com... Take a cheeky look. I don't have much client video up there though. Our classes are being built with the idea of teaching safe flight to people who receive a drone for Christmas.

The price is really going to be dependant on how much help you are going to need... If you want me to handhold you through your CAA application process then that's gonna take some time. If you want just the basics to confidently get you in the air then that ain't gonna take much time at all and hence be cheaper.

Let's say an hour. Of which that will include 30 mins in the class going through the bird and how to ensure she is in good working order with the basics needed for safe flight. Then we will go out to a field and fly your craft with the skills I taught you. I will have my inspire 1 along side so we can do some recording of your flight if you wish.

As you will be flying your own bird then for the first hour I normally charge £75+VAT, then £50+VAT for each hour after. But as your an InspirePilot member you will benefit from member discounts - we knock £10 off each of those figures for you. If you want to bring someone along feel free (no additional cost), which is good idea if you want your night time permission.

If you are pretty savvy and can pickup the basics quickly, I really doubt you will need more than an hour.

Best of luck, and don't go flying in the snow :)

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44