Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone had any gimbal twitching?

Reaction score
I've not flown more than 4 hours and admittedly I have had a small crash, following which I assumed everything was okay.

However, on a practice flight at the weekend, once I returned home and watched the video I noticed a "gimbal twitch". It only happened twice from about 25 minutes of film and it happened within a minute of each other.

What's interesting is that this looks like the gimbal is compensating for the rotation of the aircraft - the video was taken with the aircraft rotating, not the camera / gimbal independently. When I rotate the camera there is no issue (that I have seen) - so in effect this isn't really a problem but it's something I'm wondering if other people are experiencing and I can't get onto the DJI forums at the moment?

Has anyone else noticed this? It doesn't look like a (broken) hardware issue to me. More like an environmental issue or something software related or maybe the gimbal needs calibrating. I have similar experiences with the Phantom 2 & H3-3D.

In the video see between 1:15 - 1:40

This twitch happens most of the time when there is a compass glitch. Since testing the upcoming firmware I have yet to see one. I was getting them pretty regularly on .16.

Reactions: davidbarwin
@blade_strike - thanks for the info. You've helped me considerably this week. Much appreciated!

I commented that DJI should publish a public list of recognised issues along with a roadmap of when patches are likely to be released to fix them. It wasn't too well received - I think people thought I was trying to get them reveal their secrets! Do you have any sway on this or any email addresses of people I could contact to suggest thing like this? You can find my email address on my website or DM me on Twitter if you like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido