Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone know any technical info about the inner workings of the inspire?

Reaction score
Got a problem, app shows disconnected and I'm trying to figure or why, it's not the device or the cable, no info about battery and altitude and no video show at all, seems the modules responsible for transmitting this info aren't connecting.

When you plug in the device it shows it's charging which indicates its it's connected to the remote, whether the usb port can charge but not transmit data I do not know but I'd rather not their parts at it until I have a better understanding of how it works.

There are two cables from the gimble to the inspire body, the wider one that plugs into the front was loose on the circuit board, had it micro soldered back on but no change. Does anyone know what actual function this cable controls?

Craft flies and controls fine, just no connection to the app, problem started intermittently and has steadily gotten worse to the point it never connects at all anymore, thinking loose wire or connection somewhere, possible the micro solder fix was incorrect but it's a pain disassembling it so I need more info to be sure I'm looking at the correct components, thanks for any info.

Try to link the remote either through the app or by hitting the tiny button on the bird

Remote is linked just fine, craft flies perfectly, just the app isn't getting the data from either the bird or the remote for some reason, I'm looking for hardware spec info here, like what data transfers through those two gimble cables, thanks

I would have tried replacing the USB cord first. After that, I would have purchased the new cables and gimbal port. Based on the info you are giving. Sounds like you had a little mishap with the bird?
You can get these parts here. Inspire 1 Parts.
Be sure to check for a bent pin or pins inside the fast gimbal mounting port module.
If so, You will need a new gimbal port. These parts are rather inexpensive and easy to replace.
Good Luck! BB..

Remote is linked just fine, craft flies perfectly, just the app isn't getting the data from either the bird or the remote for some reason, I'm looking for hardware spec info here, like what data transfers through those two gimble cables, thanks
I was getting the same thing as you. I went through the sequence and everything linked up.

I would have tried replacing the USB cord first. After that, I would have purchased the new cables and gimbal port. Based on the info you are giving. Sounds like you had a little mishap with the bird?
You can get these parts here. Inspire 1 Parts.
Be sure to check for a bent pin or pins inside the fast gimbal mounting port module.
If so, You will need a new gimbal port. These parts are rather inexpensive and easy to replace.
Good Luck! BB..
Yup, did all that already. . . .

Can someone please take the nose or gimble off their craft, unplug the thicker of the two cables that goes into the front of the inspire(not the thinner one that goes into the bottom) and then turn it on and tell me what doesn't work please? Will take about 5 minutes, you'll have to remove the front two gimble vibration rubber pieces to get at it, they are kinda hard to get back in so it will take probably 10 min if you never done it before, thanks a million.

Last edited:
I was getting the same thing as you. I went through the sequence and everything linked up.

Well as the app says disconnected most of the settings are inaccessible and the ones that are don't change,

By tiny button on the bird you mean a little red one?

I kinda doubt that is the problem since I can fly the bird just fine, controller is linked, just no app data and the app no data issue started intermittently cutting in and out while I was flying, that same thing happened to you?

It would be something to do with video feed.

Are you getting "No Signal" in the app?

Well as the app says disconnected most of the settings are inaccessible and the ones that are don't change,

By tiny button on the bird you mean a little red one?

I kinda doubt that is the problem since I can fly the bird just fine, controller is linked, just no app data and the app no data issue started intermittently cutting in and out while I was flying, that same thing happened to you?
Yes. Screen kept saying aircraft disconnected...there was a sequence of button pushing, then hitting the link button on the bird. I shut everything down, restarted and it worked. Could be a coincidence

If the master controller is connecting the the aircraft and you can control the aircraft all is working between the aircraft and the controller. Can you move the gimbal up and down with the wheel? can you take photos from the controller?

You may have a dead usb port on the controller. I had the same issue and had to have the USB port repalced.

If the master controller is connecting the the aircraft and you can control the aircraft all is working between the aircraft and the controller. Can you move the gimbal up and down with the wheel? can you take photos from the controller?

You may have a dead usb port on the controller. I had the same issue and had to have the USB port repalced.
Yea all that works, never tried taking a photo since it says disconnected, I will try it though, thanks for the tip!

My phone shows connected and charging is only reason I thought usb port was fine, did yours do that as well or was it completely dead?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan