Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone still having landing gear bugs?

Reaction score
Last week I had issues with my landing gear going up, but now today I'm currently struggling to get my landing gear to go down. I had to hand catch my inspire after flying today, and still have not been able to lower the gear even after removing the camera and attempting to put it in travel mode.
Is anyone else still suffering from landing gear bugs?

My buddy that got an I2 around the same time as me had the landing gear issues and they were fixed in the firmware update maybe 2 weeks ago along with a couple other more minor bugs that both of our aircrafts had

My buddy that got an I2 around the same time as me had the landing gear issues and they were fixed in the firmware update maybe 2 weeks ago along with a couple other more minor bugs that both of our aircrafts had

I'm on the current firmware and have had these bugs suddenly out of nowhere. Doesn't make me too happy

I'm on the current firmware and have had these bugs suddenly out of nowhere. Doesn't make me too happy

That's no fun. May need to reach out to the DJI black hole (support)...or ask your dealer if they have any info on the problem

Mine just broke today too. Stuck in landing mode forever.
My I2 stuck in landing gear mode and I found a small hole in the bottom center of the bird, that by using a small screwdriver I was able to turn the worm gear that raises the gear. It appears that the worm gear turned too far and wedged everything. Once loosened up it has work ok since then.

I got error message that landing gear failed go up. Gears were up and worked normally anyway. Latest 330 Firmware. This was one time error and has not been here since.

My I2 stuck in landing gear mode and I found a small hole in the bottom center of the bird, that by using a small screwdriver I was able to turn the worm gear that raises the gear. It appears that the worm gear turned too far and wedged everything. Once loosened up it has work ok since then.
I figured this out too. My landing gear gets stuck about every 10 flights, so I always have to keep a screwdriver handy. The small screw is made of mush and it's already starting to strip. My Inspire 2 will be done for after another 20 flights or so.

Anyone already tried to wipe GO and completely reinstall?
Might just do the trick. Can't harm and it's a 30 second procedure.
Usually the first thing I do when things suddenly start to happen 'out of the blue'.

Reactions: mpaerial
Anyone already tried to wipe GO and completely reinstall?
Might just do the trick. Can't harm and it's a 30 second procedure.
Usually the first thing I do when things suddenly start to happen 'out of the blue'.

I am no longer receiving landing gear errors but I did gimbal mount error of some sort and my gimbal was definitely seated properly and was functioning 100%. Decided to delete app and reinstall and all has been good. This seems to be the best thing to when any error comes up....

Anyone come up with a solution to this problem? I have downgraded and upgraded firmware deleted and reinstalled go 4 app and tried everything else I have read but the landing gear will not go either way.

Not that this is a fix but more an approach to try and circumvent the problem by minimizing the stresses on the worm gear. After seeing that there have been problems with the landing gear I decided that I would simply hold the Inspire 2 off the ground while the landing gear is either raised or lowered…

I've updated my thread on this issue in the "Help" section but here's my idea.

My landing gear seems to only get stuck in the landing mode position. I'm thinking of putting a very small rubber pad or washer around the worm gear at the base. The gear will not be able to lower to 100% down position therefore keeping it a little farther up on the worm screw. Every time mine gets stuck, it's like it has gone too high for the motor to wind it back down. The screw to manually move the gear is very hard to turn and is stripping. Once I break it loose, the gear turns with ease. Here's a photo of where I intend to put the small rubber ring.
20170516_175748.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamwalker4963