Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

App height distance vertical speed horizontal speed and little man on bottom of screen!

Reaction score
Ok I noticed that my height and distance is not reading correctly! I took my i1 up for the third time in months and I know I'm over 100 ft in the air and the height and distance reading is wrong! I know my height and I bring the i1 up over my head and read the height and distance reading and well by the way I'm 5 ft 9! And the reading is at 4 ft then as I reach somewhere around 12 ft it reads 10 ft something like that but it's way off from being accurate! Any body else seeing this in their flights? By the way I have calibrated Imu and done the compass dance to see if it corrects it but nope it still reads the same!

Ok I noticed that my height and distance is not reading correctly! I took my i1 up for the third time in months and I know I'm over 100 ft in the air and the height and distance reading is wrong! I know my height and I bring the i1 up over my head and read the height and distance reading and well by the way I'm 5 ft 9! And the reading is at 4 ft then as I reach somewhere around 12 ft it reads 10 ft something like that but it's way off from being accurate! Any body else seeing this in their flights? By the way I have calibrated Imu and done the compass dance to see if it corrects it but nope it still reads the same!
There will be some errors in the readings so don't expect them to be that accurate. The height source is a small barometric unit and GPS is only accurate to within a few metres. If you have windy and gusty conditions, the changing pressures can lead to small errors in the displayed. Also the height displayed in Pilot App is relative to the take-off height. It is a guide only.

Thanks for your explanation. I too have wonder about the reding.

There will be some errors in the readings so don't expect them to be that accurate. The height source is a small barometric unit and GPS is only accurate to within a few metres. If you have windy and gusty conditions, the changing pressures can lead to small errors in the displayed. Also the height displayed in Pilot App is relative to the take-off height. It is a guide only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry