Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

App shows disconnected

Reaction score
Got an inspire one, says disconnected on the screen, it's not the device, tried multiple, not the cable, tried multiple, device says its charging and vibrates when plugged in, what's the possible cause? I'm thinking hardware problem in either the remote or inspire itself, ahhh any ideas?

Got an inspire one, says disconnected on the screen, it's not the device, tried multiple, not the cable, tried multiple, device says its charging and vibrates when plugged in, what's the possible cause? I'm thinking hardware problem in either the remote or inspire itself, ahhh any ideas?
If everything else has been eliminated then most likely cause is a faulty USB module on the remote (very easily replaced).
However, before you go to that expense I would try another remote from a dealer or friend that you can just try for a few minutes. That will confirm whether it is the USB module.

Yup, rc is linked, it flies and controls everything, just no video pic but app says disconnected. Thought it might be a gimble cable connection, replaced those, noticed the port one of them plugged into was loose and a guy at the drone store said that might be a problem but didn't think it would make the app show disconnected so he thought it might be something else.

Had that port fixed, micro soldered it back on the board but it still show disconnected. Is the top wider plug on the front of the inspire body, not sure what controls what but the camera spins and moves with controls both before and after the fix. Problem started intermittently but now it doesn't work at all,

Yup, rc is linked, it flies and controls everything, just no video pic but app says disconnected. Thought it might be a gimble cable connection, replaced those, noticed the port one of them plugged into was loose and a guy at the drone store said that might be a problem but didn't think it would make the app show disconnected so he thought it might be something else.

Had that port fixed, micro soldered it back on the board but it still show disconnected. Is the top wider plug on the front of the inspire body, not sure what controls what but the camera spins and moves with controls both before and after the fix. Problem started intermittently but now it doesn't work at all,
Soldering the USB port is not 'fix' it is actually one of the surfsce mounted resistors on the board that fails.
Have you tried another remote?
I am assuming this is an X3 you are running?
If you try another remote and it still gives problems then you have a faulty X3 (quite common)

Soldering the USB port is not 'fix' it is actually one of the surfsce mounted resistors on the board that fails.
Have you tried another remote?
I am assuming this is an X3 you are running?
If you try another remote and it still gives problems then you have a faulty X3 (quite common)

It's not the USB port I soldered, it was the port the gimble cable goes into on the board on the front of the inspire. Unplugging it caused it to detatch slightly from the board so it wiggled around.

Have not tried another remote, don't have one and I run older firmware so I'll never find one with compatible firmware to try anyway,

Camera is fairly new, newer than the drone, but if camera was faulty that wouldn't make app say disconnected would it? Surely it doesn't control telemetry data, battery percent and so on, none of that info shows up.

Also if usb port was faulty wouldn't that make it not work at all? It still sends juice to the device, could it do that but not send data?

Does anyone know what information actually travels through the wider of the two inspire to gimble cables?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD