Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Apple Drone

Reaction score
Just imagine. You think quads are out to the masses now. Wait ten years. I bet this becomes a normal thing. This is obviously just a "what if?" article but seriously, what if? Imagine a camera on all four arms and software that could bring the four pictures together. Now were are talking a 360 uncut picture and maybe even oculus rift type uses! I hope I am still alive when all this cool stuff starts coming. (yes laws, safety, and your negativity but QUADCOPTERS!)

http://mashable.com/2015/03/23/apple-drone-quadcopter-concept/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

Just imagine. You think quads are out to the masses now. Wait ten years. I bet this becomes a normal thing. This is obviously just a "what if?" article but seriously, what if? Imagine a camera on all four arms and software that could bring the four pictures together. Now were are talking a 360 uncut picture and maybe even oculus rift type uses! I hope I am still alive when all this cool stuff starts coming. (yes laws, safety, and your negativity but QUADCOPTERS!)

http://mashable.com/2015/03/23/apple-drone-quadcopter-concept/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link
Exciting. Thanks for posting!

OK .. just a few issues.
How can you fit cameras in where the motors go?
How can you get a quality camera with tiny pinholes for lenses?
Where do they fit enough battery power to make it work?
How many users would ever want 4 cameras - to say nothing of the weight?
Looks like a bit of design doodling with no understanding of drone functionality.

OK .. just a few issues.
How can you fit cameras in where the motors go?
How can you get a quality camera with tiny pinholes for lenses?
Where do they fit enough battery power to make it work?
How many users would ever want 4 cameras - to say nothing of the weight?
Looks like a bit of design doodling with no understanding of drone functionality.
Ya, I think it's just that--design doodling. I don't think Apple leaked this picture..I think someone is having some fun with it. But brainstorming is what has always made Apple a game-changing company in so many arenas. As far as your design vs. functionality issues, ya--sure--you're right. Have fun with it. I'm sure if and when Apple makes something in the UAV market (which personally I doubt..but ya never know), I'm sure it will be (1) badass and (2) overpriced for the masses. We'll still be us, baby. :)

DJI are already the Apple of the drone industry though, right? ;)

The 360° live view is an interesting thought though, especially since YouTube has support for that now.

Like it as I'm no Apple fan at all.Some good ideas and very aerodynamic too.As I read this article further wonder where our hobby will be as those big companies claiming "air space" for what they ever wanna do with there drones(quadcopters) and how goverments will handle this.
It looks those self driven cars,by then you can fly your bird but only where those companies and goverments wants.

Like it as I'm no Apple fan at all.Some good ideas and very aerodynamic too.As I read this article further wonder where our hobby will be as those big companies claiming "air space" for what they ever wanna do with there drones(quadcopters) and how goverments will handle this.
It looks those self driven cars,by then you can fly your bird but only where those companies and goverments wants.
I can only imagine that all these coming flying gadgets will be completely geofenced and limited to 30m from the RC or smartphone. This is going to be the main playground for consumer drone makers. Everything more capable than that will require some sort of licensing (and some traffic control interface) in the near future. At least, that's what is being discussed internationally. And the industry is trying to play a big part (lobby) in this discussion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84