Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Are these the waypoints you're looking for?

Reaction score
FreeSkies Co Pilot beta testing is underway for the Inspire 1, but I haven't heard much (or anything) about the beta. Seems very intriguiging. There are a lot of folks seeking waypoint functionality right? Not only does Co Pilot claim to offer waypoint mission planning, but it offers it in 3D. Seems very intriguiging.

I'd be testing myself if I didn't send my unit in for a 2 month vacation at DJI's LA repair facility. Can someone test and share some feedback?

http://freeskies.org

FreeSkies Co Pilot beta testing is underway for the Inspire 1, but I haven't heard much (or anything) about the beta. Seems very intriguiging. There are a lot of folks seeking waypoint functionality right? Not only does Co Pilot claim to offer waypoint mission planning, but it offers it in 3D. Seems very intriguiging.

I'd be testing myself if I didn't send my unit in for a 2 month vacation at DJI's LA repair facility. Can someone test and share some feedback?

http://freeskies.org

They require iOS9 Beta which I couldn't commit to.

For purely waypoint flying there's also Ultimate Flight (for Android).
Haven't tried it yet in the field. The app crashes quite often on my Samsung and I don't like to rely on it as it is now.

Reactions: Ascender
Good to know, @lake_flyer . I agree that this app looks a bit undeveloped at this point, but more options for expanded Inspire 1 functionality is a good thing.

For purely waypoint flying there's also Ultimate Flight (for Android).
Haven't tried it yet in the field. The app crashes quite often on my Samsung and I don't like to rely on it as it is now.

Good to know, @lake_flyer . I agree that this app looks a bit undeveloped at this point, but more options for expanded Inspire 1 functionality is a good thing.
It's pretty simple and straight forward waypoint flying. But I don't like that they use outdated satellite maps and the voice warnings are annoying (but you can switch those off). Other than that I hope they sort out the bugs. It would be very useful and at least it's something for android I1 users. So I take my head off for it. Bring on more for Android. I want to break free :)

They require iOS9 Beta which I couldn't commit to.
I had a spare iPad that was upgraded to OS9 for the beta. CoPilot works though they are having some issues with 3D mapping information availability. An extremely neat feature of the app is flight preview, prior to executing a mission the app will perform a "dry-run" of the flight plan you've created in 3D allowing you to see the framing of the pics before the bird is in the air.

I had a spare iPad that was upgraded to OS9 for the beta. CoPilot works though they are having some issues with 3D mapping information availability. An extremely neat feature of the app is flight preview, prior to executing a mission the app will perform a "dry-run" of the flight plan you've created in 3D allowing you to see the framing of the pics before the bird is in the air.

Yeah saw a preview of that. Looks awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop