Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Are you guys flying ? or are you groundet ?

Please don't give bad advice. As mentioned, Loctite can eat plastic. If you choose to fly, and I have, then just be conscientious about tightening the props by hand. The more aggressively you fly the more likely it is that ESC braking might cause a prop fly-off. There have been only two instances among all the hundreds, if not thousands of Inspires out there, so this is not a widespread phenomenon. Just know that you do so at your own risk because of DJI's warning.
umm you know the inside of the thread is metal right ? and the shaft is metal. and two the poly carbonate our props are made out of won't even delgoss let alone be affected in anyway by loctite should you get some one there with would be pretty hard with proper application. yes I've tested it. three do you know what happens to plumbers tape under friction and heat ? not good. so before saying someone is giving bad advice you should make sure its actually bad. but what do I Know.

Flying when I can, as said before make sure tighten the props by holding the motors, don't do any sudden dynamic movements and I changed my ATTI gain to 90, my expo to 30 and 30 which makes it's a far more reasonable beast to fly. :)

The motors are not linear under acceleration or deceleration. If you are climbing at full throttle and then decelerate instantly, the motors do not instantly change their rotating speed causing the blades to come off. Properly tightened self-tightening props won't come off unless the blade hits something, in which case your Inspire is coming down regardless.

The motors are not linear under acceleration or deceleration. If you are climbing at full throttle and then decelerate instantly, the motors do not instantly change their rotating speed causing the blades to come off. Properly tightened self-tightening props won't come off unless the blade hits something, in which case your Inspire is coming down regardless.
They don't? I thought they have esc braking? What knowledge do you have to make this statement

so DJI is wrong?

Properly tightened self-tightening props won't come off unless the blade hits something, in which case your Inspire is coming down regardless.
Based on what I feel when I tighten the props, I agree with the statement. I wish I had a tool that could measure what force is necessary to unloosen well-hand-tightened props, but I think when they are on well, it would be highly exceptional for them to fall off during the vast majority of flying that most of us would do.

Holy spell checker...

Hundreds are flying every day without incident. The prop locks are a novelty insurance policy, but I didn't get the bird to frame it on the wall. Hand tighten the props, that's all there is to it. If you're scared, then follow your instincts and wait it out; enjoy the simulator.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi