Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

UK ARPAS & Drone Safe Register

Discussion in 'Certified UAV Pilots' started by SCM660, May 12, 2016.

1. SCM660

Can someone explain to me what the purpose of these companies are? We've been operating for a year now and haven't joined either of them. What are the pros & cons (if any) of becoming members? Surely the main place to go for a customer to check out the credibility of a company is the CAA website which lists all the qualified companies? I seem to see their name tweeted a lot and was just curious. Is it worth while joining them both, what's people's opinions?

2. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Complete waste of time.
    You are quite right, the information on all PFAW holders is freely available on the CAA website.
    A 'Register' is pointless.

3. IrishSights

CAA list is useless apart from being just an alphabetical list. Customers cannot search by region to find a local operator.

4. SCM660

I must admit, we were a little sceptical of giving money away for the sake of it. I'm curious to see if people that have signed up have seen any return on their investment that be can directly apportioned to being linked with them. It seems like as this industry starts to get bigger then there are people waiting in the shadows to try and create things that might not be necessarily needed in order to make money. Maybe that's a slightly sceptical view to take?

5. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

That's what Google is for.
    Then use the CAA list to confirm PFAW is held.
    Simples. :)

6. SCM660

One of the issues I had whilst considering whether or not to join up is that, if someone wants to hire an operator and doesn't know anything about them, how would they know these companies even exist? Surely they'd just search for local companies in Google?

7. IrishSights

Here a Google shows up folks who do not have PFAW. I'd love to see a few prosecutions for commercial work with out a PFAW. Police here are not interested in chasing any of the even blatant uncertified operators.

SCM660 likes this.