Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

At what altitude will landing gear lower?

Reaction score
Is there a "safety" in which the Inspire will stop before touching down should the landing gear not be lowered? Although I have it set to both auto raise and lower, I often activate the lowering of the gear rather than having it operate automatically.

The is no safety, if the bird goes down it will use the camera as the landing gear.. ;-)

The is no safety, if the bird goes down it will use the camera as the landing gear.. ;-)
So when should the gear lower? I often bring it down manually(gear) when about 15ft or so from landing.

I always do it manually because I switched this feature off. On emergency situations (RTH) the landing gear will go down automatically

Chris

Reactions: Scotflieger
The auto landing gear will only activate when you reach 0.8m (2ft). However, as pointed out above the aircraft will not pause while it lowers so if you have any negative vertical speed you WILL hit the ground without the gear down. Don't trust it. The Adaptive Landing Gear option is only useful for raising the gear after initial takeoff.

I generally lower manually at about 10-15m before I do my reversing into the landing pad (ie. aircraft facing away so I don't put in the wrong stick inputs).

Also it seems fussy about the terrain the sensors read to detect landing so I now manual up and down, stay in control.

Just out of curiosity.......(I've never really seen a decent answer/argument for)........
Why would anybody want to use self lowering landing gear.
"In case I forget" doesn't count. :p

Actually, why would anybody need to use auto take off for that matter but that's a different discussion.

Reactions: B Dog
Just out of curiosity.......(I've never really seen a decent answer/argument for)........

Actually, why would anybody need to use auto take off for that matter but that's a different discussion.
Yes I think it's a useless feature too.Never use it and also it looks nice when you do it by yourself.
But you gear will lower at about 3 ft

To impress folks who know less about quads than me?

Reactions: The Editor

Thats easy. Because it is cool to watch it transform all on it's own. It almost as it it is alive!

Thats easy. Because it is cool to watch it transform all on it's own. It almost as it it is alive!
Just for infos it still auto transforms if you use the CSC command. This way the motors start up on low power on the ground so you can check them then when you've happy you can go chucks away and open the throttle. Much cooler than hitting an ipad button ;)

Is there a "safety" in which the Inspire will stop before touching down should the landing gear not be lowered? Although I have it set to both auto raise and lower, I often activate the lowering of the gear rather than having it operate automatically.
If you have if you have not disabled it the landing gear will automatically deploy and retract at approximately 4 feet. I personally have my automatic landing gear operation shut off. Just remember if you shut it off to remember that you did. The reason that I shut mine off is that some of the pics that I take start at about 1 foot as I Buzz down down the street with my camera pointed up making whatever or I am shooting look large and tall. It is a perspective shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla