Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

ATEX Compliant?

I'm curious after a recent enquiry. Is the inspire ATEX Compliant?

Any info would be greatly appreciated as this "ATEX" is new to me today.
Having never heard of ATEX I had to look in up (UK Health & Safety Executive website) to find it covers explosive atmosphere and equipment within the EU. I very much doubt whether DJI is aware of it either and I also doubt that the Inspire 1 or any RPA/components are compliant.

PS. Certified equipment is marked EX.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesbastable
I'm also looking into the status of UAV equipment if it is ATEX/ EEx approved , or at least to what extend.
It would be nice to know upfront, before anyone asks or if it's required for a mission.
I suppose it's required for most industrial applications, as one 'hangs around' with a 'sparkling thing'. As far as i know, multi rotor motors are spark free... but are they 'totally free' or are they negligible for most applications.

it would be nice to ad EEX or Ex to the title of this thread, so the Euro's don't start a separate one.

All input 's welcome,thnx.

I'm also looking into the status of UAV equipment if it is ATEX/ EEx approved , or at least to what extend.
It would be nice to know upfront, before anyone asks or if it's required for a mission.
I suppose it's required for most industrial applications, as one 'hangs around' with a 'sparkling thing'. As far as i know, multi rotor motors are spark free... but are they 'totally free' or are they negligible for most applications.

it would be nice to ad EEX or Ex to the title of this thread, so the Euro's don't start a separate one.

All input 's welcome,thnx.

I've added this into the thread. Turns out the job I originally enquired about never went ahead due to airspace restrictions. (Military)

Brushless motors are completely spark free however, the only ATEX certified UAV I know of is made by Xamen Tech.

LE 4-8X Dual ATEX
Exactly, and that drone is super expensive. You have to pay for the certification and safety. We are currently thinking about buying this drone, since we have a big client who requires this. But still we are not sure it would be cost effective. So far we will only buy it if we can get enough clients in the EU. Our company is certified in multiple EU countries, but still its such a small market and the price of the drone is so huge that we have to think twice before buying it.

Exactly, and that drone is super expensive. You have to pay for the certification and safety. We are currently thinking about buying this drone, since we have a big client who requires this. But still we are not sure it would be cost effective. So far we will only buy it if we can get enough clients in the EU. Our company is certified in multiple EU countries, but still its such a small market and the price of the drone is so huge that we have to think twice before buying it.
Hi, any chance you can elaborate on paying for the certification and safety? Also did your company end up buying one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop