Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Australian dealer recalls all Inspire 1's due to QR prop system failures

I enjoy coming to this forum to get inspired, and, have the wits scared out of you! I may have removed my QR props 10 times out of more than 300 flights (might should check these props)

wonder if the landfill still has my old self tightening props?!

thanks peeps!

Well my cnc hubs and stock props are working a treat. Another good 10 long flights, including a few over water, one last Friday which was a 3.2km round trip, and zero issues. Love the cnc hubs. I reckon the video footage and still shots are way clearer all because of the reduced flex in the hubs, and less vibrations. For me there's not point moving over to the latest QR props as these are perfect.

Maytech.cn do a great range of CF self tightening and QR with aluminum hubs at great prices and quick delivery.
No I don't work for them, haha. I just rate their products and service (unlike DJI) and believe we should support companies that give it.
Talk to Yina, she will sort you out.
Yina Zhang
Maytech Electronics Co., Ltd.
www.maytech.cn
Tel: 86-21-56165310
Wechat: 13641677389
WhatsApp:+8613641677389
FB: www.facebook.com/maytech.cn
TW: Maytech RC Model (@MaytechRCModel) | Twitter[/QUOT

Total agree.-_-

Guys, please explain! Are you talking about QR props 1345s (for inspire1) or 1345t (for inspire 1 v2.0 and pro) cause they are completely different. And I read all these messages and still don't understand should I pay greater attention to my propulsion system or not (My byrd is inspire 1pro).

You should always pay attention to every part of your Inspire;),
But as far as I know everything is fine with the props,so no fear for whatsoever

Guys, please explain! Are you talking about QR props 1345s (for inspire1) or 1345t (for inspire 1 v2.0 and pro) cause they are completely different. And I read all these messages and still don't understand should I pay greater attention to my propulsion system or not (My byrd is inspire 1pro).

I'm reading through this thread and wanted to ask exactly the same:
- Does this issue really affect all QR props "in the world" or just the Inspire "v1.0" version or just the ones sold in Australia?
- If it is so critical, why isn't it made "sticky"?

Thanks for any clarification.

I'm reading through this thread and wanted to ask exactly the same:
- Does this issue really affect all QR props "in the world" or just the Inspire "v1.0" version or just the ones sold in Australia?
- If it is so critical, why isn't it made "sticky"?

Thanks for any clarification.
OK, clarification this was the first version of the quick release props on the V1 Inspire.
It was determined that people were not fitting the props correctly or there was premature wear on the securing lugs that was the only thing holding the prop on!
It was a crap design and should never have been released but for some unfathomable reason DJI think 'Quick Release' props are a good idea.
In aviation, anything with the word 'quick' in it should be avoided like the plague.
Anyway, this particular thread came about because a dealer in Australia thought it would be great to put it out there that there is potentially an issue with the QR props and simultaneously mention that he had a solution and plug his own products!

Are the original QR system props crap? - Yes
Can they come off unexpectedly - Yes

This is why DJI later changed the system to their super v2 quick release system which is used now (which I still don't like).
Hope that clarifies things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin