Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Autoflight Software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChadAustin, Apr 1, 2016.

1. ChadAustin

Hey Pilots- I'll describe what I'm trying to do with my Inspire (X3), but I'm looking for a walk-through post or video that describes best practice:

I want to film a hyperlapse.

I have the DGI Go app as well as Autoflight.

I want to create a flight plan (Autoflight) with waypoints and have the camera take pictures (jpg or raw- doesn't matter at this point) every so many seconds (5 seconds, 7 seconds, etc) with the shutter left open for 1 second for each picture.

Any tutorials on using the Inspire and the Autoflight app?

Thanks!

2. Larry@drones4peace

Hey Chad.

I'm using the Autoflight app as well. My idea is to fly the same flight paths repeatedly over the course of a year and capture the seasons. The end result would be the drone flying through the different seasons between points A and B.

I'm unaware of how to keep the shutter open for a second with Autoflight, but I am relatively new to the app. From what I can tell, there are no Autoflight tutorials other than the text and movies Autoflight already provides. However I'd be happy to experiment with you.

3. ChadAustin

Hi Larry,

I have been doing just that!

And I haven't seen any tutorials on this either. I think it might be up to create one.

I've got new stuff to share soon - although it's more closely related to what you and I are doing instead of hyperlapse... but I'm getting ready to start trials with hyperlapse within the next 2 weeks,.

Please keep me posted on your efforts and I will try to do the same.

Cheers

4. Larry@drones4peace

There's a guy here in Boston who does this thing he calls layerlapse. It's a ton of post-production but the effect is pretty impressive. This too can be applied to drone missions.

ChadAustin likes this.
  5. ChadAustin

That's crazy!
    I'm experimenting with layer over time during a construction project. I haven't spent a ton of time on this, just trying to test the waters:

6. Ascender

That JulianT video is pretty amazing, and nice stitching work @ChadAustin. Here's an aerial time progression I've been working on of a local church construction site (though I haven't updated the video in a bit):

ChadAustin likes this.
  7. ChadAustin

Thanks for sharing that. What a cool subject to film.

It's allowed me to recognize consistencies and inconsistencies in my experiences with the flight plans... almost like they're off in angle and distance by about a meter, but the speed remains pretty consistent. Your inconsistencies weren't as noticeable as mine, in my opinion, but they're there. I was under the impression they were exact matches. Boo. :) Still, it looks better than if we tried to do it manually, right?

8. Ascender

It's the same flight plan being flown so I suspect that the discrepancies are due to the never ending changes that DJI makes to the SDK- like for example, the jerky actions that resulted from a recent DJI update. Fortunately Autoflight Logic is diligent about updating their code to adjust- I appreciate their hard work and sympathize. Anyhoo, thanks for the feedback.

9. ChadAustin

Oh man! I noticed that on Sunday those jerky flight reactions! But the footage was unaffected.