Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autoflight Software

Reaction score
Website
www.chadaustin.com
Hey Pilots- I'll describe what I'm trying to do with my Inspire (X3), but I'm looking for a walk-through post or video that describes best practice:

I want to film a hyperlapse.

I have the DGI Go app as well as Autoflight.

I want to create a flight plan (Autoflight) with waypoints and have the camera take pictures (jpg or raw- doesn't matter at this point) every so many seconds (5 seconds, 7 seconds, etc) with the shutter left open for 1 second for each picture.

Any tutorials on using the Inspire and the Autoflight app?

Thanks!

Hey Chad.

I'm using the Autoflight app as well. My idea is to fly the same flight paths repeatedly over the course of a year and capture the seasons. The end result would be the drone flying through the different seasons between points A and B.

I'm unaware of how to keep the shutter open for a second with Autoflight, but I am relatively new to the app. From what I can tell, there are no Autoflight tutorials other than the text and movies Autoflight already provides. However I'd be happy to experiment with you.

Hi Larry,

I have been doing just that!

And I haven't seen any tutorials on this either. I think it might be up to create one.

I've got new stuff to share soon - although it's more closely related to what you and I are doing instead of hyperlapse... but I'm getting ready to start trials with hyperlapse within the next 2 weeks,.

Please keep me posted on your efforts and I will try to do the same.

Cheers

Thanks for sharing that. What a cool subject to film.

It's allowed me to recognize consistencies and inconsistencies in my experiences with the flight plans... almost like they're off in angle and distance by about a meter, but the speed remains pretty consistent. Your inconsistencies weren't as noticeable as mine, in my opinion, but they're there. I was under the impression they were exact matches. Boo. :) Still, it looks better than if we tried to do it manually, right?

Thanks for sharing that. What a cool subject to film.

It's allowed me to recognize consistencies and inconsistencies in my experiences with the flight plans... almost like they're off in angle and distance by about a meter, but the speed remains pretty consistent. Your inconsistencies weren't as noticeable as mine, in my opinion, but they're there. I was under the impression they were exact matches. Boo. :) Still, it looks better than if we tried to do it manually, right?
It's the same flight plan being flown so I suspect that the discrepancies are due to the never ending changes that DJI makes to the SDK- like for example, the jerky actions that resulted from a recent DJI update. Fortunately Autoflight Logic is diligent about updating their code to adjust- I appreciate their hard work and sympathize. Anyhoo, thanks for the feedback.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44