Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autonomous route in Dji go app

Reaction score
Has anybody used the autonomous route method in the Dji go app, we're you draw a shape on the map then take off, I haven't had chance to try it yet but I am hoping it means that you could, say for example, mark the course of a river and the inspire would follow the river, and I am presuming that on take off, you would assend to the height you wanted, to fly the route.

@Cjvw there is no autonomous route as you describe in DJI GO app 2.2 or later. The nearest thing is the Intelligent Navigation Waypoint mode (select using P on the P-A-F switch). You must first fly the route you want adding waypoint at the points and heights you want. You can then store the route and then re-fly it. There is no on-the-ground planning operation.

Thanks Scotflieger, what is this for when you are in map view and a hand sign is on the left hand side of the screen. image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks for that, I thought it looked too good to be true, in the Dji tutorial video of the dji go app it is described as marking an autonomous route, and it was probably wishful thinking on my behalf.

Thanks for that, I thought it looked too good to be true, in the Dji tutorial video of the dji go app it is described as marking an autonomous route, and it was probably wishful thinking on my behalf.

Can't believe DJI would post something and then not deliver it.;)

For less than 20 bucks you get what you want with the Litchi or Ultimate Flight apps.
Both only on Android. You simply draw your route on the map and the app turns it into waypoints. At every waypoint you can determine the height, nose direction and camera strategy, as well as speed towards the next.

For IOS there's only Freeskies Copilot, which is still in beta and sets you back around 40-50 bucks.

So it's there alright, if you happen to have an android phone or tablet it's probably worth checking out.

Reactions: Cjvw
For less than 20 bucks you get what you want with the Litchi or Ultimate Flight apps.
Both only on Android. You simply draw your route on the map and the app turns it into waypoints. At every waypoint you can determine the height, nose direction and camera strategy, as well as speed towards the next.

For IOS there's only Freeskies Copilot, which is still in beta and sets you back around 40-50 bucks.

So it's there alright, if you happen to have an android phone or tablet it's probably worth checking out.
Thanks for your reply lake-flyer, both the Android apps look like what I am interested in, I am using an iPad Air 2 at the moment so it would have to be the Freeskies Copilot, does this app do the same regarding drawing the proposed route on the map and converting it into waypoints. Another question if you could spare the time is, how far apart does the app set the waypoints on the proposed route, would it allow for bends in a river for instance, or does the user select the frequency and position of the waypoints ? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply lake-flyer, both the Android apps look like what I am interested in, I am using an iPad Air 2 at the moment so it would have to be the Freeskies Copilot, does this app do the same regarding drawing the proposed route on the map and converting it into waypoints. Another question if you could spare the time is, how far apart does the app set the waypoints on the proposed route, would it allow for bends in a river for instance, or does the user select the frequency and position of the waypoints ? Thanks again.
Not sure about Freeskies. I have not installed that myself, although I did get an invite for the beta.
With Litchi (and perhaps Ultimate Flight as well) you set a max of 99 waypoints if you use the shortest distance between waypoints. Following a bending river should be possible that way.

Here's a screenshot of Litchi:
Screenshot_2015-10-12-14-57-27.png

Reactions: Cjvw
Not sure about Freeskies. I have not installed that myself, although I did get an invite for the beta.
With Litchi (and perhaps Ultimate Flight as well) you set a max of 99 waypoints if you use the shortest distance between waypoints. Following a bending river should be possible that way.

Here's a screenshot of Litchi:
View attachment 4098
Thanks again lake-flyer, that looks brilliant, it's probably worth investing in an android tablet just for the Litchi app, the Litchi interface doesn't look that different to the Dji go interface.

Thanks again lake-flyer, that looks brilliant, it's probably worth investing in an android tablet just for the Litchi app, the Litchi interface doesn't look that different to the Dji go interface.
Exactly.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Alpha phone (came free with my mobile subscription) that I use when I need waypoints or live streaming. Normally I use the ipad mini2 for Go or Autopilot (great app but no waypoint mode).
And Go works fine on the Samsung too, although the screen is a bit tight for my slightly-thicker- than-average pianoman fingers.

But it is good to be free and to be able to switch to the OS/device that works best for a specific application :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah