Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Version 2.2 has been submitted to Apple for approval. Here is a teaser of the upcoming Waypoint mode in 3.0, complete with multiple Focus points, Bézier curves, segment splitting, and size / rotation / position transforming:

Looks great! Any thoughts as to when we can get the Beta going to get you feedback from hands on?

I got the notification for a new release 2.2 (53). I updated my phone. Was looking around at the new features and noticed that the input of gps coordinates was missing. I went back to my iPad which I had not updated and noticed it has version 2.2(55) and TestFlight wanted to update me to 2.2(53).

Did an incorrect release get pushed out today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it would be more flexible without being more complicated to define the speed at waypoint level instead of segment level, and interpolate speed changes between waypoints, if ithat's not to complicated?
Definitely possible.

For each waypoint or segment, will there be options for what the camera should be focused on and what to do (i.e. Take snapshot, quick pano, etc)?
Definitely multiple Focus points, not sure about other actions, at least for v1.

For waypoint entry, will there be an option to import waypoints?
Probably won't have a browser based editor for v1, but open to publishing the Flight Plan format spec and enabling Autopilot to open a plan that you create yourself via a data URI.

I could see some applications of sharing flight plans as well.
Sharing Flight Plans is schedule for the Waypoint release.

Looks great! Any thoughts as to when we can get the Beta going to get you feedback from hands on?
Apple only allows one beta at a time, and we are still waiting for 2.2 to be approved.

Did an incorrect release get pushed out today?
The most recent beta release is Build 56. Email support if you are having trouble accessing it.

Definitely possible.

Definitely multiple Focus points, not sure about other actions, at least for v1.

Probably won't have a browser based editor for v1, but open to publishing the Flight Plan format spec and enabling Autopilot to open a plan that you create yourself via a data URI.

Sharing Flight Plans is schedule for the Waypoint release.

Apple only allows one beta at a time, and we are still waiting for 2.2 to be approved.

The most recent beta release is Build 56. Email support if you are having trouble accessing it.
I have the same problem now have #53 as opposed to #56. Did you get a response yet from Autoflight- I haven't as yet.

I have the same problem now have #53 as opposed to #56. Did you get a response yet from Autoflight- I haven't as yet.
Has anyone else experienced this issue besides myself and mohansen? Autoflight suggested reinstalling testflight and try to download newest build.I tried but to no avail. Does anyone here have any suggestions. Autoflight also said it was out of their hands- regarding Testflight- which I don't quite understand.

Has anyone else experienced this issue besides myself and mohansen? Autoflight suggested reinstalling testflight and try to download newest build.I tried but to no avail. Does anyone here have any suggestions. Autoflight also said it was out of their hands- regarding Testflight- which I don't quite understand.
My TestFlight app is also showing v2.2 (53) of the Autopilot app, but I have chosen not to install. My current installed version is v2.2 (56).

I just received this message as well and update went well, thanks to Steve at AutoFlight support.

Last edited:
Impressed as well with the continuous improvements and updates throughout the beta testing. The waypoint ability will be a very welcomed addition by many pilots. There are a number of apps that already use wp functionality with some great features to manipulate the craft at certain points. It will be interesting to see how the autopilot developers make the app just that much better than the rest. Keep up the great work!!

is it possible to upcoming waypoint mode (and current zipline) to do be able to automatically loop between start and finish continuously until stopped (or for X number of loops)?

I'd like to have it continuously go from point A to point B and back to point A, etc without intervention

Reactions: damoncooper
I had thought about this or of functionality with more than one flight mode. Basically a pause, resume, repeat, reverse process. Could the c1,c2 buttons be used to control the flight mode? Just an idea.

This will be great for nailing the perfect shot with camera work, special event coverage, etc

Reactions: emulsiondown
Hi,

are there plans to allow better/customized usage of the C1/C2 buttons?

for each mode, should be able to definite actions for C1/C2. For example:

1. Orbit: set center of orbit with C1, set outer radius with C2, etc.
2. Zipline: set point A, set point B
3. Follow-me: set position of AC
4. Waypoints: drop waypoint, drop POI

Some people love preplanning everything on the screen but sometimes it is easier and safer to fly to your location and set your targets with the C1/C2 button and not have to look down at the screen and the buttons - especially if you are are flying with a small iphone screen.

i just left a crazy review on all the possibilities of AutoPilot. I'm just so stoked already by the current features, can't believe we've got waypoints to test soon... do we have a build coming up with the waypoints? the smoothing feature alone with focus tweaking is going to make for some seriously amazing shots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207