Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

I confess I hadn't installed the before-latest beta version. I had no possibility to test at that period.
Is it at all possible to enrol again?
We periodically disable inactive beta accounts to make more room for others. Email [email protected] if you want to be reinstated.

Does Autopilot work with the Inspire 1 X5R? Sorry if it was answered before
Yes

I've noticed over on the DJI forum, there are some reports of control issues following the last firmware update, some resulting in crashes. Is that the "normal chatter" after any update, or should we be extra careful with this one? I've updated the firmware but haven't tried it yet.

Just to clarify, if you are in Orbit Mode for example, and you override Autopilot, it would continue to operator the Gimbal like Focus Mode?

Thanks, with the new option I assume flipping the Flight-Mode switch would override Autopilot's control of both aircraft and camera, meaning the camera wouldn't move except in response to manual control input (until the switch is flipped back).

Reactions: Kino
Quick question: when flying a waypoint mission (with Inspire 1) and focus strategy is set to joystick, will the right stick only move the gimbal or also the yaw of the Inspire (if needed to maintain focus)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, with the new option I assume flipping the Flight-Mode switch would override Autopilot's control of both aircraft and camera, meaning the camera wouldn't move except in response to manual control input (until the switch is flipped back).
It will be in the next beta.

Quick question: when flying a waypoint mission (with Inspire 1) and focus strategy is set to joystick, will the right stick only move the gimbal or also the yaw of the Inspire (if needed to maintain focus)?
It depends on what you have set for Heading if Gimbal Yaw Enabled. If using Match Gimbal Direction, then yes.

It will be in the next beta.

Nice, thanks! Tonight I tried it, switching back and forth between Cruise (Yaw Focus on Subject) and full manual control, and it worked great. The only surprise was that up/down movement of the gimbal during override seems to register as altitude offset, meaning when I switch back to Autopilot control its Focus point has usually changed and I have to re-adjust it. In hindsight I'm not surprised, since you've said Autopilot remains active during override and its commands just get ignored, still IMO ideal behavior would be that movements during override don't register as Autopilot Focus offset changes.

Again, thank you for the continued enhancements, this change comes just in time for me to use it a lot on an upcoming trip!

The only surprise was that up/down movement of the gimbal during override seems to register as altitude offset, meaning when I switch back to Autopilot control its Focus point has usually changed and I have to re-adjust it.
This isn't supposed to happen. It will be corrected in the next build.

I want to thank you again, Jim and the whole team behind Autopilot!
I cannot think of a better way to implement both Interpolated waypoint altitude and speed. All my wishes come true. Over all it's absolutely amazing what you guys achieved in such a short time since Autopilot 1.2. Thank you for supporting us in the field with this great tool!

AutoPilot is an amazing enhancement for the DJI Product Line.

I'm surprised that DJI hasn't offered to buy you out, since they are trying to be the apple of drones.

Nas,

I just ordered my Inspire kit and I was wondering how well will my iPad Air (not Air 2) 64GB WLAN+mobile handle the Autopilot, will it be sluggish?

I skipped flying during the last Inspire firmware debacle. But I went up for a few Inspire flights this morning to play with the Pano Mode. Now I have a question. If I want to take a 180 horizontal pano and tilt the gimbal down a little, how is that done? There used to be a Vertical Start feature now replaced with Use Gimbal Position. When I point the gimbal down a little to get the right framing, then hit Use Gimbal position, then engage, the gimbal seems to return to its straight ahead position. I must be missing something?

Thanks,

Bob

I skipped flying during the last Inspire firmware debacle. But I went up for a few Inspire flights this morning to play with the Pano Mode. Now I have a question. If I want to take a 180 horizontal pano and tilt the gimbal down a little, how is that done? There used to be a Vertical Start feature now replaced with Use Gimbal Position. When I point the gimbal down a little to get the right framing, then hit Use Gimbal position, then engage, the gimbal seems to return to its straight ahead position. I must be missing something?b
It was removed in favor of using a Custom Profile of this use case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla