Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Avegant Glyph headset

Reaction score
Hello.
I am interested in getting the Avegant Glyph headset to use for my Inspire 1 Pro X5.
Anyone used the Avegant Glyph headset? how is it? Is the headset sizeable to your head--since some people have smaller skulls and others are mellon heads... How comfortable is it? and is it weird to your eyes?

I want to use the Glyph headset sometimes to fly, but also to put on a customers face so as I fly with my iPad-- they can see what the camera is seeing.
So, my qusetion is-- can you use the headset with the micro port and the customer see with the Glyph-- and I can be fly at same time using my iPad? Or, will the iPad screen show nothing or turn off because you can't have both connected????
Thanks to anyone who has answers

The headset connects to the controller using the HDMI connection. Therefore you can still fly using your Ipad connected through USB, and have the headset running at the same time using HDMI.

glyph does not work with my 3DR solo drone with GoPro Hero 4 camera. All the techs at solo and glyph are trying to figure out why. glyph suggested I ask if anyone has the same drone and camera and if it works what is the set up

Thank you for confirming dual hookup Jason. Does this mean you have/have used a Glyph headset? If so, what is your take on it as a user?
Thanks!

IslandFly, I hope you don't mind me jumping onto your thread.......

Can anyone give explicit details on the setup they have used to connect their Glyph to their Inspire for BOTH video AND head tracking?

I have the Glyph headset already, and just acquired an Inspire. I know that for video, you can connect the Glyph to the miniHDMI out port on the RC. Avegant instructions indicate that you can plug the Glyph into the USB port to use it for head tracking of the camera........however, it's unclear to me if it is supposed to plug into the standard USB port (where you normally plug in your tablet), or the miniUSB port that is also available.

So, if anyone out there has successfully set up their Glyph for head tracking, I'd love to hear exactly how/where you connected.

Thanks!

R

PS: I've updated my Glyph to the latest firmware, and my Inspire is running 1.09.0130 (camera, X3, has 1.8FW.)

FWIW, I had a chance to play around with this briefly today. For head tracking, connect your Glyph to the RC standard USB port (connected to the micro-USB port on the headset that is typically used for charging.) With the RC on, aircraft on, and Glyph on, press and hold the bottom button on the side of the left earcup on the Glyph until you hear a beep (about 2 seconds.) You should now be able to pan and tilt the camera on your Inspire by moving your head. I did not test the HDMI video today, as I am still waiting for my microHDMI to HDMI adapter to arrive, but I don't anticipate any issues with it. I have seen others report elsewhere that they were able to continue to use a tablet by connecting a non-powered USB hub to the RC, then connecting both the Glyph and tablet to the hub. I look forward to trying that as well.

HTH.

R

I was told by someone who knows this product well that head tracking is only supported on a SECOND TX. It is reported there are ways to get video and headtracking on a single TX using aftermarket USB hubs, but they are unreliable...solutions have been found with Android tablets, but none as yet with an iOS tablet. I decided against this for that reason alone; the tech looks very interesting and headtracking on a drone has been one of my dreams since I first started the hobby...but I'm not paying that kind of money for something that "might" be made to work.

I was told by someone who knows this product well that head tracking is only supported on a SECOND TX. It is reported there are ways to get video and headtracking on a single TX using aftermarket USB hubs, but they are unreliable...solutions have been found with Android tablets, but none as yet with an iOS tablet. I decided against this for that reason alone; the tech looks very interesting and headtracking on a drone has been one of my dreams since I first started the hobby...but I'm not paying that kind of money for something that "might" be made to work.

I can confirm that head tracking DOES work with a single remote. I had the Glyph connected to the HDMI out for video, and to the USB port for camera control. It worked just fine, the downside being that without playing around with a USB hub, you can either have the Glyph or a tablet/smartphone plugged into the USB port. I kind of agree with you that it's a lot of money to buy it just for that.....I happened to have the Glyph already, so am pleased that I have another use for it along with it's primary purpose (for me.)

I can confirm that head tracking DOES work with a single remote. I had the Glyph connected to the HDMI out for video, and to the USB port for camera control. It worked just fine, the downside being that without playing around with a USB hub, you can either have the Glyph or a tablet/smartphone plugged into the USB port. I kind of agree with you that it's a lot of money to buy it just for that.....I happened to have the Glyph already, so am pleased that I have another use for it along with it's primary purpose (for me.)
I tried it with I2 and can't see how the head track can be realized with the USB cable, can someone make it clear ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth