Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Avoid non-DJI 1345S Quick Release Prop Mounts

Yes. Do a search on "wiha 28581". They are available from Amazon, and many other places. Amazon has them for $108.

or for $49 buy the alloy hubs and never have to worry about torque settings lol

If the plastic hubs are that delicate, DJI SHOULD BE PROVIDING THE TOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Carlo
or for $49 buy the alloy hubs and never have to worry about torque settings lol

If the plastic hubs are that delicate, DJI SHOULD BE PROVIDING THE TOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plastic parts on a revolving device under high stress makes absolutely no sense to me. I bought the alloy hubs and will install with blue Loctite as well as torqueing to the DJI recommended value. In my estimation, that's the best of all worlds.

Reactions: Ward Paterson
Plastic parts on a revolving device under high stress makes absolutely no sense to me. I bought the alloy hubs and will install with blue Loctite as well as torqueing to the DJI recommended value. In my estimation, that's the best of all worlds.

I don't think the Torque specs apply the Alloy Hubs, the reason for the light torque spec of DJI is all due to their failing Plastic Hub splitting from over torque, also on the DJI hub kit their is blue Loctite already on the bolts so there is really no need to use it. hope this helps. I myself am using the Ally Hubs, I was one of the lucky ones who purchased from his first batch, a real SUPER quality product that's for sure, I wish DJI would get on board and build an equal quality part.

Reactions: Ward Paterson
If you tighten the screws to tight the hex will slip. You will then need an imperial hex to get it out. They come pre thread locked. Enjoy:)

Lol, this warning from DJI, and the thread that followed made me buy the aluminum versions. Smart move DJI

Anyone had any luck finding a suitable torque wrench (that doesn't cost $1,000 USD)?

So it seems reasonable to conclude that any failures are likely due to over tightening of the hub?

I'm starting to think the folks that were hoarding screw on props are looking like geniuses.

I found a number of them just through a google search for "mini torque wrench." There are a number of what appear to be more than adequate lesser priced units in the $100 to $300 range. There are also some for less than $100, but not sure about quality and suitability.

I just want to point out, I've had over 30 flights now with the devils "NON DJI" alloy hubs, and have not witnessed any so called "severe damage the aircraft’s propellers, leading to potential safety issues due to the lack of self-lubrication, or cause damage through their rough surfaces, hardness and sharp edges"

What I have witnessed on an Inspire that had done 50+ flights with DJI hubs and props was abnormal wear to the lugs on the hubs, and while there was no wear to the props, the hubs could have failed on the next few flights..

As a qualified structural engineer with over 25 years experience in metallurgy, I find it totally unacceptable for DJI to release a statement like this when they know very well their own hubs are failing mid air due to abnormal wear and high load... DJI themselves use dissimilar plastic materials - its clear the hubs wear before the props, meaning the props are a harder material..

DJI, you looking like a pack of Amateurs..
Hi Ward.
From Australia too, just wondering where you got your alloy hubs from.
Very keen to get some myself.
Also, do have your uoc.
In the process of obtaining mine as well.
Thanks
Paul

Love to fly (Paul),

Look up the following on eBay "Upgraded Alloy Mounting Plate for DJI Inspire 1 Quick-Release Propelles" USD $49
There is also another supplier in Aus selling them in Sydney, search for "Inspire 1 Propeller Alloy Adapters" AUD $45 can't vouch for the quality though.
The sooner DJI cone out with an upgraded CNC mount themselves the better!!

Where are you based in Aus?

Skidbita

I suspect the if DJI ever did produce metal hubs, they would make them from stainless steel so as to avoid having two dissimilar metals in contact with each other.
In a moisture laden atmosphere (and especially in coastal regions) there is a risk that the alloy hubs could suffer from galvanic corrosion and become alloy sacrificial anodes!

Just a thought, considering the long debate regarding QR props vs prop locks, and the metal alloy hubs vs plastic ones.

DJI just released a statement informing its users it's not safe to use the metal alloy hubs with their propellers.
It makes me wonder. Let's use our logic.
What is the reason behind such a statement ?

Financial ? No way, DJI hubs are way much cheaper than the unofficial metal alloy hubs, actually I think DJI is not making any extra money selling their hubs, it's just the price to cover the production of a complimentary product which is meant to guarantee the safety of their aircraft.

Second, it's not the first time when an unofficial product is developed for Inspire, and I mean hardware related products, that can affect the behaviour of your aircraft.
Let's take for example the SmartPowerCharge SPC4500 charging station.
It clearly interferes with the market of one of their own products, the recent released DJI charging hub, but they did not released an official statement to inform you that using SmartPowerCharge product puts your product in danger.

Bottom line, I tend to believe that the only reason to release such a statement is the fact that there might be some real issues with the metal allow hubs.
Probably it will affect only 10 users out of 100, as many of the metal alloy hubs owners are saying they are very pleased with their purchase, but for me it's quite clear.
DJI had no reason or hidden interest to release this statement, unless it was a real issue with this unofficial hubs.
Bottom line, I think the choice should be made only between QR props vs Self tightening props using prop locks.

I suspect the if DJI ever did produce metal hubs, they would make them from stainless steel so as to avoid having two dissimilar metals in contact with each other.
In a moisture laden atmosphere (and especially in coastal regions) there is a risk that the alloy hubs could suffer from galvanic corrosion and become alloy sacrificial anodes!

The motor bell housing is painted.. The alloy hubs are anodised (silver is clear coated, the black is black coated). Chance of corrosion.. Nil (but maybe some surface discolouration after 25 years).

Case closed.

The motor bell housing is painted.. The alloy hubs are anodised (silver is clear coated, the black is black coated). Chance of corrosion.. Nil (but maybe some surface discolouration after 25 years).

Case closed.
And the springs are made from? and the retaining bolts are made from?
Case Opened!

The retaining spring sits between 2 painted surfaces

Typical DJI bolts are coated

Case closed.. lol bro.. seriously?
If you are happy to rely on a coat of paint then Okay, Good for you.
The DJI bolts only have thread lock and no other coating. at the point where the bolts tighten into the alloy hubs they will break that paint and you MUST have metal to metal contact!
Case Re-Opened..Yes Seriously..PMSL

Reactions: mdomeny
Aviator has got me worried now. All the dissimilar metals touching each other :eek:. Everything from the alloy centres of the self tightening props, through to the landing gear mechanism.. It really scares me :confused:, my inspire will rust out before I fly her again on the weekend :mad:... BWAHAHAHAHA :p

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG