Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Avoid non-DJI 1345S Quick Release Prop Mounts

Well, not quite. It seems the last case featured on this thread it's not so much about rust.
It's about dissimilar metals in contact, I guess.
which can, indeed, be a major problem, in certain conditions.

Bottom line, let's end this case and open a case of beer :)

It seems there's a conspiracy of beer fanatics around ...
What can I say ? The first case of beer it's on me than, with the condition to open the bottles with the metal alloy hubs :)

Call me overcautious, but I replace my props and hubs every 10 flights. The cost is insignificant when compared to that of the entire aircraft. I also fly my bird for profit, so the parts easily pay for themselves.

EDIT: I do use a torque driver when installing the hubs. It's a tool I had from my old days racing 1/8th scale nitro.

Last edited:
I have known manufactorers of model trains (personally) which had big problems with metal parts. First they looked ok but they got delivered bad metal from several sources several times and the parts got deformations over the time and did also break very easy. You will not see this with your eyes in the beginning and problems can start after many months. I am not sure to trust a chinese manufacturer producing metal parts for the plane.

Pardon my noobness, but am I ok with my new version D Inspire as long as I use DJI props and install/remove them per DJI guidelines?

Call me overcautious, but I replace my props and hubs every 10 flights. The cost is insignificant when compared to that of the entire aircraft. I also fly my bird for profit, so the parts easily pay for themselves.

EDIT: I do use a torque driver when installing the hubs. It's a tool I had from my old days racing 1/8th scale nitro.
yikes! Ive been using the original self tightening props from january to may when i crashed and broke them, been using the second set that came with ever since then. I sometimes get 10 flights in one day, that would get expensive quick for me!

I mean, i would love to use carbon props, i had bad experience with the self tight ones on my DJI F550 so is the above one a good viable choice?

Ordered 1345QR system and props from DJI web site shop 12 days ago. Charged card immediately, recpt in email immediately. Order still show as not shipped. Do not wish to buy 3rd party products; what is so hard about giving a customer an update ".... Currently on back order, out of stock, will process soon, chill-out we are working on your order ...." Anything!!!! Have sent 2 emails in the last week requesting an update - no joy. WTF DJI?

Reactions: RichardB
Ordered 1345QR system and props from DJI web site shop 12 days ago. Charged card immediately, recpt in email immediately. Order still show as not shipped. Do not wish to buy 3rd party products; what is so hard about giving a customer an update ".... Currently on back order, out of stock, will process soon, chill-out we are working on your order ...." Anything!!!! Have sent 2 emails in the last week requesting an update - no joy. WTF DJI?

DJI probably making some metal ones.... :p

I have known manufactorers of model trains (personally) which had big problems with metal parts. First they looked ok but they got delivered bad metal from several sources several times and the parts got deformations over the time and did also break very easy. You will not see this with your eyes in the beginning and problems can start after many months. I am not sure to trust a chinese manufacturer producing metal parts for the plane.

Do they make model trains out of T6061 aircraft aluminium? no. They are mostly die-cast parts not designed for high speed, high vibration, high load situations.. comparing model train parts to the alu hubs is.... nuts

why not, a chinese manufacturer produced the whole inspire, lol!

I'm still using the original props and safety clips that came with my Inspire1. Any problems with sticking with the original system?

Yet another DJI fubar customer service failure. Zero customer service, zero care, near zero support. And I am probably not the only one who feels that 95% of the support for these things come from people other than DJI. I still haven't received the paperwork or prop locks that SHOULD HAVE come with mine despite numerous requests. I'm going with the after market quick release as a result. At least I can deal with a more trustworthy company that way.

Reactions: Stacy Whitehead

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo