Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bad Jello, got a couple of questions

Reaction score
This is a shot of a video I took late this afternoon. This is the worst jello I've seen since I got my Inspire a couple of months ago.

1. I was only using the clear filter, do you think it would have been less jelloed if I'd used the darker filter.

2. When I brought her in closer and started flying round the garden , the jello disappeared completely. Why would that be ?

3. When I played the video through my 4 K TV, the jello was a lot less evident ???

Sorry that's 3 questions !

i also experienced some jello but i am asuming its the unbalanced props in horizontal and vertical direction though... du-bro has a good balancer.

Reactions: Outta Control
Actually I was wondering whether it might need the props balancing. I've never balanced the props on any drone I've ever had, so maybe I ought to start now.

From what I understand is that the Inspire props don't need balancing.
Also, try taking some garbage bag tie wraps around the gimbal mount and tighten the unit a little tighter than it is. This should help.

Use the ND filter when in bright to moderate daylight.

Balance your props.

Do IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface.

Don't forget to raise your landing gear! :)

Use the ND filter when in bright to moderate daylight.

Balance your props.

Do IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface.

Don't forget to raise your landing gear! :)
I know this was 2 and a half years ago, however I'm experiencing the SAME problem. I don't really use ND filters, and only have used 30 fps. Should I balance the props and replace the dampeners? Do you think it would solve the jello? I noticed there was more during this time I went to a lake and when I flew during the noontime/midday. Do you think fixing up the shutter with ND filters and the Framerate alone could help?

I know this was 2 and a half years ago, however I'm experiencing the SAME problem. I don't really use ND filters, and only have used 30 fps. Should I balance the props and replace the dampeners? Do you think it would solve the jello? I noticed there was more during this time I went to a lake and when I flew during the noontime/midday. Do you think fixing up the shutter with ND filters and the Framerate alone could help?
The reasoning behind the ND filters is to lower your shutter speed and it also creates a little motion blur. Next time you are out in the middle of the day with the sun shining down try using a nd16 filter. Especially if you are shooting at 30 frames per second. Rule of thumb is shutter speed equals double your frame rate so your shutter speed should be set at 60 if you're using 30 fps. This is based off if you are using the x3 camera.

Definitely need to use filters in the bright sunlight and it will help with some of what you are probably seeing in your videos. Another thing to check is the play if there is any in the arms and the prop locks. Two of the biggest areas you will find to cause vibrations that lead to jello.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry