Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Balancing props

Reaction score
Hi
Does balancing the props to perfection make a big difference?
I tend to just use the props bought from DJI with no issue....
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I balanced my Phantom props with noticeable effect. Had the inspire for a week - already ordered s balancing rod. Hoping the quality is higher for the inspire though expecting to find it's the same.

Hi
Thanks.

If you do a quick search you will find a few threads around this subject with useful informations..

Chris

Reactions: The Editor
I balanced my Phantom props with noticeable effect. Had the inspire for a week - already ordered s balancing rod. Hoping the quality is higher for the inspire though expecting to find it's the same.

Yes - I did note the phantom props needed balancing - but not sure about inspire.
I've noted several comments about how but not why!

I purchased a Du-bro balancing system and ordered a rod for the QR props. Turns out all four props were perfectly balanced (including the hubs). Oh well!
Wow, then you are the one in the Million ;-)

I hate to do the sanding stuff...

Chris

I purchased a Du-bro balancing system and ordered a rod for the QR props. Turns out all four props were perfectly balanced (including the hubs). Oh well!
Yes. I hear of many that find their props well balanced - and I was wondering if the pain and effort of rebalancing was worth the hassle.

Does it make it quieter? Faster?

My machine is so nimble and smooth - I can't see how it can be improved.

Yes. I hear of many that find their props well balanced - and I was wondering if the pain and effort of rebalancing was worth the hassle.

Does it make it quieter? Faster?

My machine is so nimble and smooth - I can't see how it can be improved.

Well if the DJI props aren't balanced then it doesn't mean that the Inspire is bouncing around like a buckling horse, it just takes away the vibrations which is important for the image/video quality and even more important it protects your hardware (motor, electronics and sensors) which then maybe leads to smoother flying and over the time, keeps your baby safe and sound :)

Chris

Reactions: andrew259
Well if the DJI props aren't balanced then it doesn't mean that the Inspire is bouncing around like a buckling horse, it just takes away the vibrations which is important for the image/video quality and even more important it protects your hardware (motor, electronics and sensors) which then maybe leads to smoother flying and over the time, keeps your baby safe and sound :)

Chris

Thanks - I guessed as much - my pics are rock solid so may be lucky with the props I have.

Hi
Thanks.

I bought an Inspire 1 with a few set extra sets, and balanced just about all of them.
Out of 12 props, 3 were perfect, 4 needed some tuning and the rest needed some good balancing.
As an engineer, I prefer to have everything perfectly balanced so the aircraft will not impact the data collected from the camera. Cheers!

Reactions: andrew259

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leightonfineart