Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

bang bang..

Hey guys... I was wondering if anyone has had their i1 shot at while flying??... Next thought ..lets just say she wouldnt like it..lol..
Anyway..what would you do if someone shot at your inspire with the intent to take it down ??

I would press charges and the police would soon be knocking on her door. :mad: She does not own the air space above her property, like it or not.

Glad to hear your bird wasn't injured! :)

Hey flyingclint!!
I've been thinking about your post and was wondering if you're a detective or something like that or what?? Or do you watch a lot of c.s.i ??
I took this at face value like it was the truth..nothing seemed fishy to me until you pointed it out..
That makes me think about how much we are mislead by the news, and shows like this one, and that we actually use this information to make judgments..
Turbo.,.

Haha! No, the opposite of detective. I'm a filmmaker/editor I just know bad editing and tricks with filming when I see them! You wouldn't believe how mislead/deceived we really are by editing in television and media to believe what they want us to believe! It's ridiculous!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hey guys..
There's a couple of options I'm weighing in regards to my neighbor..
1 forget about it..
2 go and see if I can make friends..
3 sacrificing my phantom to the drone gods by flying over her property and seeing if she actually shoots it down while having the police on stand by..
4 go postal...haha..lol:mad:

Hey guys..
There's a couple of options I'm weighing in regards to my neighbor..
1 forget about it..
2 go and see if I can make friends..
3 sacrificing my phantom to the drone gods by flying over her property and seeing if she actually shoots it down while having the police on stand by..
4 go postal...haha..lol:mad:

Amend number 2... make friends and give her an inexpensive drone as a peace offering.

I used to believe in that ideaology, "...be kind & try to get along with your neighbors."

It didn't make me feel any better about myself or the particular situation I was in with my neighbor. Truth is, they care about you as much as they care about the clear stuff that comes out of a ketchup bottle before the ketchup! For 10 years, I've lived on a 2-1/2 acre lot with 9 neighbors! Your average lot has ~3 neighbors. To survive, I've had to become 3x's the ******* everybody else was just to keep my issues in the normal range, because there's 3x's the neighbors encroaching, 3x's the dogs barking, 3x's the water runoff, lawn clippings, & floodlights left on all night long! They taught me one absolute truth, your neighbors won't lift a finger to help you except their middle finger!

Play for keeps, fight hard & don't give an inch. Obey you local ordinances & regulations but NEVER bring a knife to a gun fight! & use your sunscreen... :p

I used to believe in that ideaology, "...be kind & try to get along with your neighbors."

To survive, I've had to become 3x's the ******* everybody else was just to keep my issues in the normal range, because there's 3x's the neighbors encroaching, 3x's the dogs barking, 3x's the water runoff, lawn clippings, & floodlights left on all night long! They taught me one absolute truth, your neighbors won't lift a finger to help you except their middle finger!

That is, without a doubt, one of the saddest things I have ever read. What a perfect example of a "self-fulfilling prophecy." Treat others badly and you are certain to receive the same treatment in return.

The question that begs asking is: Are you sure it started with your neighbors?

I am not sure if th OP is in the US or not but I went to a meeting the other day where they had 2 reps from the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) there. A home owner in the US does not own the AIR above there home. This is controlled by the FAA. In conflict with that statement, there are privacy acts which are going into law in a lot of states so you could have your drone taken or asked to be removed from the area. I am not sure what can be done about this, but the person can call the police and depending on how knowledgeable about the law the officer is, who knows. But, if someone SHOOTS at your drone, that becomes a FEDERAL OFFENSE. "Shooting at a drone is no different that shooting at a private aircraft", and I quote. A drone as far as the FAA is concerned is an air craft and falls under the same regulations. So if someone shoots at your drone, the tables have turned. Call the FAA right then and there and they will come out and that person will be in a **** storm of trouble. The problem with this scenario is that the FAA is grossly understaffed and you may not be able to get someone to come out. Here in the Dallas, Texas area there is a local rep so he said he will definitely come out.

That is, without a doubt, one of the saddest things I have ever read. What a perfect example of a "self-fulfilling prophecy." Treat others badly and you are certain to receive the same treatment in return.

The question that begs asking is: Are you sure it started with your neighbors?
Hey InspiredOne...
Not sure what you mean..
It started with me flying my phantom over her place many months ago..
When I discovered she was not happy with it I stopped..
Was surprised to see her shoot at it when I haven't been over that way until the other day when I flew near her property..
Also I never fly under 100 feet because of trees..usually 150 to 399..

Unfoutuantly there's some truth to what wormwood said ..
Some people don't respond well to nice..
They take it as a weakness..
I prefer to be nice.:eek:

I'd be concerned about calling the police or faa because who's knows what they will do or say..

I live in California in the foothills east of Fresno..

I'm probably going to avoid her but if that doesn't work I'll try talking with her before I go to the other options..

It be easy to bait her into shooting it down but I prefer to avoid problems..
Court is still in session..
Turbo....

Hey InspiredOne...
Not sure what you mean...

Sorry for any confusion. I was responding to Wormwood's declaration. He says he expects folks to be mean so he responds accordingly (if I understood him correctly).

Here is a story I learned years ago. Will try to make it brief...

Old guy was sitting in a rocking chair in front of the old gas station. A family drove up and the dad asked, "What kind of town is this? We're thinking of moving here. What are the people like?"

The old man replied, "What were the people like where you came from?"

"They were all pretty much jerks. That's why we're moving," the dad answered.

The old man nodded his understanding, "Yeah, they're pretty much the same here."

This happens a couple of more time with different adjectives provided--morons, idiots, rude, etc.--to express the negative opinions of the people in others town where the questioning person came from. Later, another car pulls up and the driver asks the old man the same question, "What are the people like in this town?"

The old man repeated his question, "What were the people like where you came from?"

The driver smiled, "Oh, they are really great folks--very friendly and willing to help their neighbors."

The old man returned the smile and said, "Then you'll like it here. The folks here are really friendly and eager to help."

I agree with you, I'd rather try nice first (although sometimes my short fuse gets the better part of me). When we assume someone is going to be nasty or mean and treat them accordingly in the first place, chances are excellent we will get exactly what we were expecting. The same holds true when we treat people with kindness, expecting them to be kind in return. Not always, but more often than not.

In any case, I sincerely hope this works out for you the best way possible, what ever that may be.

Sorry for any confusion. I was responding to Wormwood's declaration. He says he expects folks to be mean so he responds accordingly (if I understood him correctly).

Here is a story I learned years ago. Will try to make it brief...

Old guy was sitting in a rocking chair in front of the old gas station. A family drove up and the dad asked, "What kind of town is this? We're thinking of moving here. What are the people like?"

The old man replied, "What were the people like where you came from?"

"They were all pretty much jerks. That's why we're moving," the dad answered.

The old man nodded his understanding, "Yeah, they're pretty much the same here."

This happens a couple of more time with different adjectives provided--morons, idiots, rude, etc.--to express the negative opinions of the people in others town where the questioning person came from. Later, another car pulls up and the driver asks the old man the same question, "What are the people like in this town?"

The old man repeated his question, "What were the people like where you came from?"

The driver smiled, "Oh, they are really great folks--very friendly and willing to help their neighbors."

The old man returned the smile and said, "Then you'll like it here. The folks here are really friendly and eager to help."

I agree with you, I'd rather try nice first (although sometimes my short fuse gets the better part of me). When we assume someone is going to be nasty or mean and treat them accordingly in the first place, chances are excellent we will get exactly what we were expecting. The same holds true when we treat people with kindness, expecting them to be kind in return. Not always, but more often than not.

In any case, I sincerely hope this works out for you the best way possible, what ever that may be.
Thank you InspiredOne..
Thank you for taking the time to reply ..
I enjoyed your story and believe it to be true..
I call it the power of attraction..
I'm lucky I figured this out ..
What we focus on is what we become so pick something you want that's positive..
If you want to be happy think happy thoughts..
That kind of thing..
If your life sucks and you're mad all the time you might want to change your focus..lol..
Thanks again for the positive words..
I appreciate it..
Turbo..

Reactions: InspiredOne
I always try to be nice and glad against other people, even if they are annoying.

Against nice people, it's no problem. However, if it is annoying people, it may be a challenge.

I have learned one thing that helps me a lot in the treatment of such people.
A man named Kay Pollack and who have some lectures etc. said a sentence that I have taken to me.

Annoying people are sent to be practiced on. They will help you practice your self-control. ;)

It is strange, but it's not as hard to meet these people anymore.. Just think positive. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko