Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Base Jump with UAVs

Reaction score
Website
www.flysafe.club
Dudes, I have a question from a friend in Abu Dhabi. Basically they want to record 'Base Jumping' with a couple of 'Inspire UAVs'.

The question is two fold a) any tips for this ie. best practice so no one get FUBAR including the UAV and b) whats the story with using multiple drones in close proximity?

Matching descent speed is going to be impossible so I would suggest crane and jib shots over the persons not under them. More than one drone shouldn't cause issue if there is proper communication between operators.

Reactions: Kilrah
T
I think the plan is to have UAV descending pre jump on a fixed cable type movement course with jumper accelerating between UAVs at alternate altitudes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds not so safe unless the distances are pretty far. Would the camera even really pick up anything during that descent? The speed the base jumper is falling at is much greater than that of a quadcopter.

I'll get him to join, it's all ideas!! They do the go pro helmet wrist mount stuff but wanted some extra angles without a helicopter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think wides from afar might look cool. As well as the shot from the top down as they fall away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb