Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Batteries getting old sooner than expected?

Reaction score
Ok guys, I'd like to ask you to participate in a little survey, that will be very informative for all of us. Most of us have been enjoying I1 for some time now. Could you pls - in one line of text, to keep it easy to read - let us know about your oldest/most used battery - what does the app say about it? Start with the type of the battery and add the charged times / total capacity / battery life.

Mine would be:
TB47 / 14 times / 4244 mah / 98%

I'm starting this because I think my battery is losing its capacity way too soon and I would be grateful if I could compare it against other users. I hope at least some of you might find it useful and would like to add their entries.

informative for all of us. Most of us have been enjoying I1 for some time now. Could you pls - in one line of text, to keep it easy to read - let us know about your oldest/most used battery - what does the app say about it? Start with the type of the battery and add the charged times / total capacity / battery life.

Mine would be:
TB47 / 14 times / 4244 mah / 98%

I'm starting this because I think my battery is losing its capacity way too soon and I would be grateful if I could compare it against other users. I hope at least some of you might find it useful and would like to add their entries.

Although I understand the reason for your post I think there are WAY too many variables for you to get an idea of how a pack is performing against other users.
For instance, as well as how many times a pack has been recharged, what level has it been discharged to on a regular basis. What ambient temperature has the pack been flown in (mostly). How long has the pack stood in a fully charged state? What temperature has the pack been stored at?
Has the pack been stored at 3.85v per cell when not used for longer than 'x' days?
Has the pack been allowed to rest and recover to ambient temperature before each recharge?

However, I will leave people to answer your question..................

Reactions: sirnikolas
Although I understand the reason for your post I think there are WAY too many variables for you to get an idea of how a pack is performing against other users.
For instance, as well as how many times a pack has been recharged, what level has it been discharged to on a regular basis. What ambient temperature has the pack been flown in (mostly). How long has the pack stood in a fully charged state? What temperature has the pack been stored at?
Has the pack been stored at 3.85v per cell when not used for longer than 'x' days?
Has the pack been allowed to rest and recover to ambient temperature before each recharge?

However, I will leave people to answer your question..................

I just a little survey, I'm not doing PhD on that. I'm sure most of I1 users - including me - are aware of all those variables you mention, but those three numbers are easy to compare and give at least some overview of how batteries are performing over time.

I just a little survey, I'm not doing PhD on that. I'm sure most of I1 users - including me - are aware of all those variables you mention, but those three numbers are easy to compare and give at least some overview of how batteries are performing over time.

Not really so easy to compare, if somebody doesn't care for lipos the same way you do or care better than you they will have lower or higher numbers.

But to contribute, after 20 cycles (my initial battery that came with the inspire) I'm still at 100%

Guys, I'm completely aware of that.

I know how I treat my batteries - I do it with extra care, following all the recommendations of DJI and general LIPO workflow. I haven't started flying last weekend - in fact I'm certified UAVO. And because I'm extra careful with LiPos it seems to me a bit odd that capacity of my battery went down so much after so few flights. And now, if - say - 30 people will post here that their batteries are still full capacity and 100% battery life after more flights than mine -> it will tell me that my battery might in fact be faulty. That's all.

Reactions: wizard007
90% (at least that is what the app is telling)...
after
84 full charges....

Peter

I noticed my tb47 dropped to 98% after 10 charges, this included the recommended full discharge. It dropped after the full discharge. So my best guess is that is drops after full discharges . . .

As promised...
Today discharge to automatic shutdown of the battery..
Charge....
90% lifetime
100% capacity.. 4500 mAh
CU Peter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool