Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Batteries Manufactured over a year ago

Reaction score
I bought an Inspire 1 in july. And also purchased two additional TB47 batteries. I recently got to create an account at healthydrones and noticed that the two additional batteries were manufactured in June of 2015. Is this something I should be concerned about? They are updated offcourse. But would newer batteries be better?

/Jonah

I bought an Inspire 1 in july. And also purchased two additional TB47 batteries. I recently got to create an account at healthydrones and noticed that the two additional batteries were manufactured in June of 2015. Is this something I should be concerned about? They are updated offcourse. But would newer batteries be better?

/Jonah
Absolutely yes.
LiPo technology batteries lose anything between 3% per year for packs kept in perfect storage conditions (around 4 degrees c in temperature and at 3.86v per cell) up to around 12 or 15% of capacity for poorly stored packs.
This deterioration happens whether the packs are used or not and there is nothing that can be done about it.
I doubt very much that your packs that are over a year old have been stored at optimum conditions so you will have lost some capacity before they have even reached you.

Absolutely yes.
LiPo technology batteries lose anything between 3% per year for packs kept in perfect storage conditions (around 4 degrees c in temperature and at 3.86v per cell) up to around 12 or 15% of capacity for poorly stored packs.
This deterioration happens whether the packs are used or not and there is nothing that can be done about it.
I doubt very much that your packs that are over a year old have been stored at optimum conditions so you will have lost some capacity before they have even reached you.

Thank you for the input.

I also started wondering, would these batteries increase the risk of failure when in the air? Or is these issues mainly a firmware issue?

Thank you for the input.

I also started wondering, would these batteries increase the risk of failure when in the air? Or is these issues mainly a firmware issue?
No - there would be no increased risk of failure over a more recently manufactured one. It would simply be a matter of capacity so slightly shorter flight times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan