Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Anomaly - Discharge Not Displayed

Reaction score
Website
www.moraysky.co.uk
After completing a 15 mins flight with a TB48 to recycle the battery, I landed with 10% and the motors cut at 7% - the video was still recording. However, switching the battery dialog showed no consumption and full charge in both the battery and cells. I close and reopened the dialog several times with no change. I then stopped the video and reselected the battery information which was now correct. I have FW1.8 installed.

Have any other users seen this anomaly?

Critically Low Power 7%, 3.54V.

CriticalBattery.jpg

Incorrect Battery Data - 25.7V, 5284mAh remaining, average cell 4.28V, Flight Time 14:52 (correct).

BatteryUnchanged.jpg

Correct Battery Data - 21.8V, 377mAh remaining, average cell 3.64V, temp 50.2C, Flight Time 14:52.

BatteryCorrect.jpg

After completing a 15 mins flight with a TB48 to recycle the battery, I landed with 10% and the motors cut at 7% - the video was still recording. However, switching the battery dialog showed no consumption and full charge in both the battery and cells. I close and reopened the dialog several times with no change. I then stopped the video and reselected the battery information which was now correct. I have FW1.8 installed.

Have any other users seen this anomaly?

Critically Low Power 7%, 3.54V.

View attachment 8218

Incorrect Battery Data - 25.7V, 5284mAh remaining, average cell 4.28V, Flight Time 14:52 (correct).

View attachment 8219

Correct Battery Data - 21.8V, 377mAh remaining, average cell 3.64V, temp 50.2C, Flight Time 14:52.

View attachment 8220
Are you saying that maybe having an active recording session caused the battery display anomoly?
I have to say I have never experienced this but....... I have never been recording when I am flying the batteries down to calibrate them.
So I guess it may have always been there just never seen it before because I have never been recording at the time.

@The Editor This one is new on me as well. I have often landed with the video still running (for post-crash analysis) but this is the first time I have seen the battery display frozen at initial settings (except flight time). This was with the latest iOS app 2.8.0. The only thing I did that released the battery dialog and possibly allowed it to update was cancelling the video. Strange!

Having not flown for 2 weeks, I did several approaches and practice landings (35-20%) and initiated one RTH using the RC. I wanted to test the failsafe RTH (yellow dot) but I got no warnings until 10% critical battery warning.

@The Editor This one is new on me as well. I have often landed with the video still running (for post-crash analysis) but this is the first time I have seen the battery display frozen at initial settings (except flight time). This was with the latest iOS app 2.8.0. The only thing I did that released the battery dialog and possibly allowed it to update was cancelling the video. Strange!

Having not flown for 2 weeks, I did several approaches and practice landings (35-20%) and initiated one RTH using the RC. I wanted to test the failsafe RTH (yellow dot) but I got no warnings until 10% critical battery warning.
Hmmmm....so did it go through the yellow dot and not self initiate an RTH?
I know you know what you are doing but you are ABSOLUTELY sure you had smart go home active in the app?

@The Editor Smart RTH was correctly set. Looking at the flight record in HealthyDrones it is possible that the Smart RTH (at 13:26) was initiated during manual RTH (12:49) and I did not notice it. I did try to send the aircraft away to force the Smart RTH but if it was already triggered it may not trigger a second time.

Of note, is that the battery recycle did not work. The subsequent recharge left the battery with a lower maximum charge and before the flight. This may be a result of the anomaly. I will try again tomorrow weather permitting.

BatteryAnomalyNotifications.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84