Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery cell broken after firmware update

Reaction score
After update to the new firmware 1.3.0.00 and carrying out the battery calibration as per DJI instructions, I now get a battery broken message on the DJI GO app, one cell is 0.3 below the others and will not balance on charge.
The battery has only 4 cycles!!
IMG_0141.PNG
Any Ideas?
TB 47 battery

After update to the new firmware 1.3.0.00 and carrying out the battery calibration as per DJI instructions, I now get a battery broken message on the DJI GO app, one cell is 0.3 below the others and will not balance on charge.
View attachment 3288
Any Ideas?
TB 47 battery
It is not broken. At low voltage the difference is normal. It would be a problem if the percentage of the battery was let us say more than 50%.

Any Ideas?
TB 47 battery
I have one battery (of 4 upgraded) that has a weak cell (-0.15V) and is still performing well. However, mine have some 30+ charges not the 4 your's is showing. There is no way to recover/repair the cell. I see 2 options: return it to your supplier (if you are able to ship it) as 'failure on receipt' or try recharging to 100% and see what the effect is. I am continuing to fly mine but I am keeping a close eye on it. Note that the new GO app is using colour to highlight low cell voltage and failing cells.

Thanks for the replies so far....
I have tried to cycle the battery again, when charged to 100% the cell is 0.2 under the other cells, this difference increases when under load.
The DJI GO app reports a battery error as soon as it is turned on and this also is in the history for the last two cycles now.
Is their any truth that there is a known balance board problem on some batches of batteries?
I have contaced DJI via their online tech support and have been told I will receive email contact from tech support soon to address the issue.
Will keep you posted

Had same problem a couple months ago,sent it to DJI,they deemed it defective and sent me a new one, total process took a month but at least they replaced it.

I had the same symptom after the latest firmware update. I've sent DJI and email but have yet to get a response. (It's been about a week and a half so far.)

You have luck i contacted DJI and they told me no warranty on batterys after 3 months
After the upgrade to firmware 1.2.0.06 my TB47 battery gave a cell damaged error.
When i try to charche the charging stops at 75% with a overload alert
Marnix

Marnix,
You should go back to them if you still have your original email correspondence, the battery warranty is 6 months or 200 cycles as per the DJI website.

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74