Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery discharge

Reaction score
What is the best way to discharge the batteries. Can't fly because of weekend TFR (3rd weekend in a row).

The batteries will start to auto discharge on their own after 10 days (using the default setting in DJI GO). Just don't press the battery button as that will stop the discharge process and make the battery wait 10 more days before it starts discharging again.

The batteries will start to auto discharge on their own after 10 days (using the default setting in DJI GO). Just don't press the battery button as that will stop the discharge process and make the battery wait 10 more days before it starts discharging again.

I'm trying to do a deep discharge for good battery health. I already use the auto discharge (50%+-) set for 3 days.

I'm trying to do a deep discharge for good battery health. I already use the auto discharge (50%+-) set for 3 days.
Yes the Phantom Angel is a reasonably priced alternative. I use an even cheaper version that I purchased before the angel was available, from eBay.

Others have posted over time that's it's not a good idea to let the batteries self discharge. The Angel is a great solution!

I use the Smart Power Charge and deep cycle often. Only need to run them down to 30% before putting them in the charger to deep cycle.
Initially, I thought it was overpriced, but have grown to believe that it was worth every penny for all it does.

I use the Smart Power Charge and deep cycle often. Only need to run them down to 30% before putting them in the charger to deep cycle.
Initially, I thought it was overpriced, but have grown to believe that it was worth every penny for all it does.
Indeed, considering the cost of batteries it's a worthwhile investment!

What is the best way to discharge the batteries. Can't fly because of weekend TFR (3rd weekend in a row).
A good purchase is the phantom angel, it discharges batteries to the correct level or you can cycle them all without having to run your motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk