Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery drop from 56% to 5% in 10s

Same thing happened to me today. TB47 with 25 cycles; latest firmware. Calibrated 100%-2% at 22 cycles.
Took off with full pack charged a few days prior. 11 mins into the flight my battery dropped from 32 to 6%. It was impossible to come back as the inspire was 4000ft away. I tried to fly it back but I only had 30seconds and the RC disconnected.

I have the flight log, which I assume DJI will want to see. My only issue is that the craft so far is not recovered, it landed in a dense forest. Does anyone have experience with DJI support regarding this issue.

You have to calibrate from 100% till it powers itself off, percentage remaining is meaningless, it's not accurate, that's why you need to calibrate in the first place and that's why it goes from 32%- 6% or whatever instantly, the battery notices the voltage and percentage left don't match and it corrects which causes the sudden drop.

I don't know if any guys had the voltage set to be shown in the top right corner, I set it up when I received my inspire so it shows also the voltage under the percent number.

Attachments

• 01f4442cde29a14459c1e6daeea9d8fa4e58ee1dd8.jpg
    01f4442cde29a14459c1e6daeea9d8fa4e58ee1dd8.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 11
I did calibrate just 2 flights prior to the battery failure.
Maybe not, like I said the percentage isn't accurate, what said 2% on your app may not have been a low enough voltage to actually trigger the calibration, you need to let it go till it shuts itself off to be sure it actually works.

How you guys calibrate ? Let the inspire on for hours ? I did fly now a few days ago only to discharge my batteries, first make some circles untill it got to 25% than let it hover at 1 meter, than close to 15% I land it but started the motors and let them spin from time to time touched the throttle, but at 10% the motors stopped. You guys are letting the I1 on after the motors stop untill the battery shuts down ? Curious how much it takes from 10% to discharge until it shut's off. I'm still new I just made my 10 cycles on each of my batteries.

How you guys calibrate ? Let the inspire on for hours ? I did fly now a few days ago only to discharge my batteries, first make some circles untill it got to 25% than let it hover at 1 meter, than close to 15% I land it but started the motors and let them spin from time to time touched the throttle, but at 10% the motors stopped. You guys are letting the I1 on after the motors stop untill the battery shuts down ? Curious how much it takes from 10% to discharge until it shut's off. I'm still new I just made my 10 cycles on each of my batteries.
I ran mine to 12% left my bird on until it shut its self off. Just leave it on and take a hike or something, it takes a few minutes.

Below 10% you need to keep pushing the throttle up to keep the motors spinning. This input starts with a small input and steady increases to keep them going until the battery cuts out. Be careful not to over do the throttle so you don't become airborne or tip the aircraft over.

EDIT: ovisopa - you only need to do the full recalibration ONCE since upgrading to FW 1.3.0.0 or later. After that you only need to discharge to 5% every 10-20 flights.

The recurring theme here seems to be this rapid power loss. Even after following all the maintenance steps you just never know when it will happen. Has anyone other than dji figured out a solutuon to minimize this powerless issue? I have lost faith in the product and am scared to fly low over water in fear of it happening again. There is a serious underlying issue here that needs to be resolved.

Has anyone got a full warranty aircraft replacement from dji from a rapid power loss caused crash?

The recurring theme here seems to be this rapid power loss. Even after following all the maintenance steps you just never know when it will happen. Has anyone other than dji figured out a solutuon to minimize this powerless issue? I have lost faith in the product and am scared to fly low over water in fear of it happening again. There is a serious underlying issue here that needs to be resolved.

Has anyone got a full warranty aircraft replacement from dji from a rapid power loss caused crash?

In my case after contacting DJI, filling the questionnaire and posting a video of my iPad playing the flight recorder (no video export feature.) DJI offered me a discounted Inspire, battery and Camera, to replace my non recoverable items (no controller and charger). The offer wasn't great and I feel that the whole warranty issue was not entertained because I did not really have anything to send to them for inspection, other than a video of my iPad playing the flight recorder. I also feel that if I was able to recover the craft and send it in, then they may respond that the battery warranty is only 6 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry